Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BHX-a third daily flight?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Blue
1-2 day meetings...

ung1 - Yes of course many travellers do that, but I don't think BHX is likely to attract those kind of travellers if I'm honest - BHX is hardly a busy airport hub.

Also _most_ people would not leave on a Tuesday to arrive on a Wednesday night in Asia, spend Thursday and Friday in meetings and then fly back to arrive on Saturday - unless they were crazy!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by WouldLoveToFlyFirst
ung1 - Yes of course many travellers do that, but I don't think BHX is likely to attract those kind of travellers if I'm honest - BHX is hardly a busy airport hub.

Also _most_ people would not leave on a Tuesday to arrive on a Wednesday night in Asia, spend Thursday and Friday in meetings and then fly back to arrive on Saturday - unless they were crazy!
Or unless their meeting was on a Thursday and Friday

Having said that, I have no clue what the economic demographics of BHX are, so perhaps you're right that it's not the kind of market that would support such travel.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, HON, EK Gold
Originally Posted by WouldLoveToFlyFirst
Probably more than you think, if the numbers connecting to longhaul flights in FRA/ZRH is anything to go by.

I've certainly flown on a Tuesday/Wednesday for Thurs/Fri meetings in HKG or the US.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 4:07 am

Xxxxx

Last edited by jiggyjig; Nov 25, 2012 at 6:45 pm
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:28 pm

Bump...

Any news on a third daily flight 11 months on?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: EK Gold
Nothing. Not a bean.

Also, the rumours of Qatar going to Doha also seem to have died a death.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by RichL
Nothing. Not a bean.

Also, the rumours of Qatar going to Doha also seem to have died a death.
Delays in Dreamliner deliveries.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:53 am

Let's hope so, the more choices out of BHX the better for me, I am literally ten minutes away from the airport.

Although by the time they get them, the runway extension at BHX will be finished and lets hope Emirates upgrades at least one of their services to an A380.

But still, a pipe dream for now.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by RichL
Let's hope so, the more choices out of BHX the better for me, I am literally ten minutes away from the airport.

Although by the time they get them, the runway extension at BHX will be finished and lets hope Emirates upgrades at least one of their services to an A380.

But still, a pipe dream for now.
It's very likely that they will upgrade the midday service to the A380 once the runway is sorted out, as they know it can handle the facilities of the airport

Whether they can fill the flights is another matter. But I think a third daily flight will come sooner, here's hoping it'll be this year.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:21 am

A great pity they don't offer a 3 class product yet from BHX, I would willingly travel first if I had the chance to do so.

Not being a snob either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.