Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Where is EK taking you these holidays...?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:54 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador

I dont know about you - but it has been a long year of travel. My tier mile balance just tipped over 300,000 for the year. My last flight for the year on EK (I hope) is tomorrow, when I do my standard MEL-SIN. Sadly, my 78-year old senile father will be on the same flight, so if you hear of a passenger imploding on an EK flight tomorrow, that will be me.

Wont be on EK over the holiday period (unlike last year, when I was stuck in the US snow storm and lived at EK's JFK lounge for 2+ days!). I'll be on LH and TG, with a touch of something called Delta (some tin pot, small US airline I think ) and even a short hop on WestJet.

Where is EK taking you these holidays? If at all...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&Mores | Hilton HHonors
Going across the pond on LH A388 , MUC-JFK on Friday.
No EK for me till MUC-PER-MUC in March/April
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:04 am

EK to BKK on Thursday this week. Some Air Asia in the Far East and EK home early next year.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:10 am

Flying Emirates to India and back to Ghana over Christmas.

Strangely enough, NOT flying Emirates to Johannesburg next week but rather Kenya Airways. Quite ironic, since I prefer to fly Emirates to/from Nairobi via Dubai rather than the Kenya Airways nonstops!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
As soon as low season starts ex Canada [Jan 16th] I will be flying YYZ-x/JFK-x/DXB-KHI//BKK-HKG-DXB-JFK-YYZ. Stopover in all places except JFK/DXB outbound and YYZ-JFK-YYZ on AA. The price of this trip? $1150! after tax

It's so cheap that I actually don't mind being stuck in Y on a saver ticket. Wish I hadn't used my miles to upgrade a recent J ticket to F. I would rather have kept that in J and upgraded at least one sector in this to J also!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Going to india for christmas. Starting the journey on EK16 on the 23rd.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:37 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
LHR on Thursday then BAH on xmas eve
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by ft101
EK to BKK on Thursday this week. Some Air Asia in the Far East and EK home early next year.
Same here (Air Asia, Far East etc) but on coming Sun morning!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:44 pm

Not for holidays (will be working then ) but end of Jan. from somewhere in europe (LHR or FCO)- DXB- HKG- BKK- FCO and then to TRS.
Can't wait my first F class flights (most on A380)
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Flying GRU DXB (company is paying for F, no J availability on anything (yesssss! Happens once in a very blue moon) on Saturday on work (Abu Dhabi so I max out the limo too) then to BOM for Christmas i
and new year on the 15th back BOM GRU on the 3rd.... For hopefully my last few months in Brazil.

GRU-BOM-GRU (one way F one way J) is cheaper than just GRU-DXB return in J so my extension for holiday is free, too!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:20 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Heading to DXB on the 27th. Returning to MAN on New Years Day.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: EK Skywards
LGW -DXB on the 20th (bloody 777 camel seats again!)

A week in the city, Christmas brunch at the Radisson, then out to the desert for New Year out under the stars around the camp fire, can't wait.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Sydney to Auckland on the A380 in F in early January. First time in F on EK for me! Should be fun.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:54 pm

Myself and two family members are on GLA-DXB-KUL-MEL in J on the 22nd arriving in Melbourne 2am on the 24th hopefully with lie-flat J all the way through! We'll see!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Sadly my holiday flying is on AC. I have to wait until March for my SFO-DXB-LHR super trip in F.

Has anyone here ever gone to the UAE for Christmas? I have often fancied spending the holiday in the Gulf, away from it all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.