Wiki Posts
Search

Y on 777ER - which seat?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Y on 777ER - which seat?

Hi,

we are a couple who will be travelling from Hong Kong to CPH via DXB on 777-300ER. I am thinking about choosing the double-seats in the rear, but I am afraid that there will be to much noice and traffic due to the lavatories. Also serving tends to be a problem in the rear (nothing to choose from).

Another option is to choose the window seat and aisle seat in the front, and hope that the middle seat will not be occupied. But what if somebody shows up? I am not good to handle such "strange" situations :-) And if the plane is quite full, that will happen.

Maybe I should just go with window and aisle on the night leg (Hong Kong - DXB), and two seats in the middle on the daytime leg (DXB-CPH).

Any thoughts?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:07 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Hi Jensine

There are plenty of threads covering seating in the 777ER and all other aircraft in the fleet. A quick search will yield several results.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ing-guide.html
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: EK Blue
We went on the 777-300ER in October and sat in seats 47A & B, these were great seats and we didn't really notice much noise, as for the choice of meals we didn't miss out as they actually started serving from the back. It was a little bumpy but I really didn't notice it to be any worse than further forward in the cabin. Enjoy your trip!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver, Flying Blue Silver
The first row of two have much more legroom too. I'm 6'4" and had lots of space!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by simonnewby
The first row of two have much more legroom too. I'm 6'4" and had lots of space!
Seconded.

I've found Row 46 comfortable for night flights in Y. I'm 6'1"
Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
More room than the bulkhead??
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: Skyward Silver
46B Fixed Handrest + More Leg Space

I just flew on the aile seat of the first of the two seaters 46B from SFO to DXB a 15.5 hr flt. Has lots of leg space but hand rest is fixed and the width of the seat seemed a little less. Some of the meal options ran out and people were standing next to my seat taking a break. Me being a big size guy always have people and carts brushing past me if I take a regular aisle seat but no such problem here. Overall a better seat if you need more leg space.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:26 pm

Programs: EK Skywards
Originally Posted by Love2Fly74
We went on the 777-300ER in October and sat in seats 47A & B, these were great seats and we didn't really notice much noise, as for the choice of meals we didn't miss out as they actually started serving from the back. It was a little bumpy but I really didn't notice it to be any worse than further forward in the cabin. Enjoy your trip!
I always find it tends to get a lot colder back there, and I also get claustrophobic, so I avoid the back as much as possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.