Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates 777-300ER - Best Biz Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,
Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section of the forums (first time poster).

I'm flying on Emirates business class from JFK to BOM (with a stopover in DXB) next month and needed advice on which is the best seat in business to choose. Airplane is looking like a 777-300ER with the angled lie flat seats.

I've tried researching this as thorough as possible, looking at SeatGuru and Aussie Business Traveler, as well as looking through a ton of threads on FT. I figured I'd post something here to get this solved.

Aussie Business Traveler says that the 6th, some of the 7th and 8th rows of business are the best ones, with the rest of the 7th and 11th rows being the worst in business class. http://www.ausbt.com.au/the-best-sea...eing-777-300er

Now, I'm booked into 10J, thinking that an aisle seat in the main business cabin should be far enough away from any noise from economy, but also a decent distance from the lavatories. I can book a 7th row aisle seat, but don't really like the idea of sitting right in front of the lavatories. http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emi...Dest=DXB&Date=

Has anyone taken this specific type of aircraft? Any opinions?

Thanks!
Nik
Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:36 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, budgetmonk! Since your query is specific to Emirates, we'll move this thread over to the appropriate forum for further discussion. Thanks! /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Silver - QF Lifetime Silver
The SeatGuru Seat Map is out of date.

US Flights are all on 304Y aircraft. Seatmap for this is at:

http://www.theeksource.com/boeing77wseatmap73m.html
Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
6 A/K without a doubt. Row 7 is also ok. I'd get an aisle if you like to walk around a lot, an a window if you want to sleep throughout or stay in your seat.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I've messaged & tweeted SeatGuru a number of times and they haven't updated the 77W map, and this is going on almost 2 months later.

The lavs are actually in front of row 8, and I really did enjoy 8K.... except for the fact my TV was up on the bulkhead and elevated a bit. But I was able to get in & out quickly, quick service, and wasn't bothered by anyone.

Here's a report of the SFO-DXB service, which should be similar, including pics.

http://crankyflier.com/2011/11/09/fl...i-trip-report/
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: KL Gold SkyTeam Elite Plus - SEN M&M *G
Agree with ung1. You are in the front more private business class cabin. Way better then the bigger business class cabin.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: silver skywards
hiya i always try and bag 6A as well cant say iv been bothered from any noise from economy
Old Nov 28, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've sat in 7A on two flights and never had any issues with the missing window. There is one just next to your head so you can still see out.

Here's a photo:

I'd very much disagree that it's the worst seat in J, particularly as it is part of the much quieter mini cabin at the front.

I'd say that anything in row 6 would be best.

Last edited by matthandy; Nov 28, 2011 at 4:01 pm
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by ung1
6 A/K without a doubt. Row 7 is also ok. I'd get an aisle if you like to walk around a lot, an a window if you want to sleep throughout or stay in your seat.
The only problem with that seat is watching the wall mounted tv. It is not bright enough, and the glare from the window (even with screen down) and overhead lights is always present.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
The only problem with that seat is watching the wall mounted tv. It is not bright enough, and the glare from the window (even with screen down) and overhead lights is always present.
I was in 6K on a day flight and didn't have this problem... strange. I found it quite acceptable with the shades down and screen brightness on maximum.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
i would always get window seat if i am traveling with my partner,preferably in row 7. I dont mind the missing window,in fact i actually like it. So when they wind down the shade in the morning, i dont get a shock when i am not wearing eye mask! But if i am traveling alone, i would get an aisle seat, row 7 still my first choice. else row 9 is still ok. Actually any seats in row 6 and 7 is good. Away from the crying baby from economy class. However i once sat in 7k,and there is a baby in row 6. Thank god she did not cry a lot. haha
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: Skywards-Gold, SPG-Platinum
I always take a seat in the 10th row as I tend to have 2 windows.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Coming to seat selection, do you guys/gals prefer one side of the aircraft. I always book a K seat in J. I don't like sitting on the other side of the aircraft.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:59 pm

Xxxxx

Last edited by jiggyjig; Nov 25, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.