EK354 DXB - SIN questions please

Old Nov 14, 11, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Smile EK354 DXB - SIN questions please

Hi.
I'm booked on flight EK 354 (the new flight) from DXB - SIN in business class.

Questions please:

1. It is operated by a 777-300ER (3 class) and it says 'lie-flat seats' can anyone tell me which seats this is referring to please? Are they really lie flat or more of a recliner?

2. As the flight leaves at 03:25am is it classed as a night flight? We will already have travelled in from NCL - DXB and we are hoping to be able to sleep much of the way on this leg! Plus I'd quite like an amenities bag (simple things please simple minds lol).

3. Does anyone know if there are likely to be power points on this flight as we would like to re-charge our ipads!

Many thanks in advance everyone.^
Old Nov 14, 11, 11:20 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Aeroplan, Club Carlson Silver, Hilton Honor Silver
Both J and F should be lie flats.

Yes, it will probably be classified as a night flight, so there may be an amenity bag (if EK does not consider it too short of a flight). I suspect there will not be a meal right after take-off, but instead before landing. There should be some kind of snack and drinks service after take-off.

If anyone has information on night flights to BKK and KUL, that would give you an idea of the meal services.

All seats have a USB port, so you can charge your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
Old Nov 14, 11, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

The flight is 7hrs 20 mins so not particularly short.

I've tried to see what type of seats to expect but still unsure - does anyone know please?
Old Nov 14, 11, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady View Post
The flight is 7hrs 20 mins so not particularly short.

I've tried to see what type of seats to expect but still unsure - does anyone know please?
This flight as you said is the 4th flight to be added and is running the old "sleeperette" lounge type seats. They are antiquated and I would defy anyone who didn't take sleeping medication to be able to get a decent rest on them. They do not go anywhere near "lie-flat". I would avoid this flight at all costs. It runs 5-days a week. If it means a longer layover in DXB, then that's what I would do. Where are you originating from - DXB?

This is the actual seat below;

Last edited by eightblack; Nov 14, 11 at 4:45 pm
Old Nov 14, 11, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looking at the description of services on emirates.com, they are not claiming that they are flat

Flat bed luxury with integrated passenger seat control in First Class,
deeply reclining comfort in Business Class and
room to relax in Economy.

Only 1st class is listed as having flat beds, business gets the delight of deeply reclining comfort

Personally, I would look at changing to EK432 which is an hour earlier, if wanting to travel overnight or overnighting in Dubai and taking EK404 rather than take the flight with deeply reclining comfort and the old ICE

Looking at the NCL-DXB schedule, it is a better connection to EK432 as well

Last edited by Dave Noble; Nov 14, 11 at 11:12 pm
Old Nov 14, 11, 11:20 pm

This flight uses one of the seven old 777-300 ERs with old F, J and Y. Bad idea getting on this flight!
Old Nov 15, 11, 11:28 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Emirates Skywards, various others (inactive)
+1 to what @ung1 and @eightblack said - I was on this flight 2 weeks ago. Try to get a flight with newer seats!

That said, I did get an amenity bag (in F - yes the old style F).
Old Nov 15, 11, 8:53 pm

Guess I was lucky that my connecting flight originally on EK354 was cancelled and I was put on EK432 instead. Only in Y though sadly.
Old Nov 15, 11, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Arrow29 View Post
Guess I was lucky that my connecting flight originally on EK354 was cancelled and I was put on EK432 instead. Only in Y though sadly.
Well even in Y the difference is significant. Those old seats would have given you nightmares ha you managed to fall off to sleep in them!
Old Nov 16, 11, 4:20 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Wow those seats look like they smell as well.

Thank goodness I've only flown the 77Ws and 380 with EK

Search this Thread
Search Engine: