Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK and JetBlue Partnership

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

EK and JetBlue Partnership

Hey i was just checking emirates.com and saw that jetblue is now partner with emirates just losting my first post this maybe old news, it used to be with continental then United and now i guess jet blue

thanks and sorry if its a repost

Last edited by eightblack; Jun 5, 2011 at 7:41 am
Old May 30, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL DM. EK Gold. UA1K. BA Silver. SPG Plat. HH. Diamond.
Originally Posted by masti852003
Hey i was just checking emirates.com and saw that jetblue is now partner with emirates just losting my first post this maybe old news, it used to be with continental then United and now i guess jet blue

Are you serious? Haha! Just hoped off an Emirates flight in Dubai yesterday, and i was thinking how much nicer it is than some other airlines, but Jet Blue hmmm.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by masti852003

Jet Blue or Jet Airways? I didn't find any info about Jet Blue being a partner airline.
Old May 30, 2011, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by moonquake
Jet Blue or Jet Airways? I didn't find any info about Jet Blue being a partner airline.
the OP is right, JetBlue and Emirates are interline partners. you can now book JetBlue connections on a single ticket through the Emirates website

here is the FT discussion on the same
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...e-airways.html

and masti852003 a warm welcome to FT!
Old May 30, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Emirates still has interline partnerships with CO/UA/DL/AA but that has no relation to a partnership via skywards. There are not many benefits from an interline agreement aside from having your bags moved from one carrier to the other and having one ticket instead of two.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:56 pm

I have 2 seperate tickets (DXB-JFK) and (JFK-MCO (orlando)) on EK and Jet Blue respectively. These were booked before the annoucement, and thus tickets seperately. Since my flight is next week, does this annoucement mean my bags will 'trasnfer' from EK to JB at JFK? Or do I still need to roll them all the way from T4 to T5? (I know I will go through customs, Im asking post-customs: will they take the bags in T4 and pass it over to JB or do I need to take them to T5 myself)...

Thanks
Old May 31, 2011, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by manuc
the OP is right, JetBlue and Emirates are interline partners. you can now book JetBlue connections on a single ticket through the Emirates website

here is the FT discussion on the same
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...e-airways.html

and masti852003 a warm welcome to FT!
thanks
Old Jun 1, 2011, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by huzilulu
I have 2 seperate tickets (DXB-JFK) and (JFK-MCO (orlando)) on EK and Jet Blue respectively. These were booked before the annoucement, and thus tickets seperately. Since my flight is next week, does this annoucement mean my bags will 'trasnfer' from EK to JB at JFK? Or do I still need to roll them all the way from T4 to T5? (I know I will go through customs, Im asking post-customs: will they take the bags in T4 and pass it over to JB or do I need to take them to T5 myself)...

Thanks
you may want to post this to the jetblue guys and gals to see if they can provide a response
Old Jun 3, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by huzilulu

Thanks
You should ask at DXB if they can check them all the way through to MCO. They had to be a bit more skilled than normal to enter the additional flight info to get the baggage tag properly printed, but it is absolutely possible even if it is separate tickets. I have even done it with two separate back to back UA and AA tickets and gotten one baggage tag out here in the states. Do have a good B6 printout for them to use that has both the PNR and ticket number if possible (along with the itinerary).

Of course, you still do the customs at first point of entry (which is often the excuse for not tagging the bags to internal US destinations I hear from outstations). Even after customs, you should just go to the luggage re-deposit transfer desk before leaving the terminal (it is right after you pass customs I believe) and ask them to check it through to MCO.

It will just depend on who is checking you in at DXB.

One additional advantage I see is getting two pieces free on B6 this way versus the potential of being only allowed one if you recheck at B6 counter and they don't consider your trip in its entirety.

Rasheed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.