Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Better meal service in Y on DXB - Europe flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Was on DXB - DUS (morning flight EK55) in Y first time this year.
I noticed a much better meal service than last year, where a breakfast was served and later only a little snack.
This time it was a full breakfast (arabian mezze or deli platter) after departure, a midflight bar service and a full lunch (chicken or beef) before landing.
This meal service was in place in the past, but was replaced last year with the breakfast/snack. Nice to have back the full lunch.
Is it on other routes to Europe too?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:28 am

The improved meal service started this week on all morning departures from DXB to UK, France, Germany, Holland, Switzerland and Italy.

A continental breakfast, more substantial than before, is served after take off and full lunch before landing.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Descending
The improved meal service started this week on all morning departures from DXB to UK, France, Germany, Holland, Switzerland and Italy.

A continental breakfast, more substantial than before, is served after take off and full lunch before landing.
^ That's good to know, as the food has been going downhill recently!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 4:37 am

Smile

Does this new strategy include flights from Europe to DXB? Thank you.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:23 am

Angry

Only early morning flights leaving Dubai. From Europe i believe only EK008 from LHR and possibly the new EK022 from MAN will provide continental breakfast.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:05 am

Thank you. EK008 will suit me fine....continental breakfast here I come!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: Skywards
The breakfast is actually a step back but the second meal served is a big improvement on the horrible chicken sandwich which has made me take lacto-ovo for amost a year now!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:10 pm

EK should better focus on improving the quality of the food in Y. The warm meals in Y come with such a chemical smell that I have not eaten them for a while now (and, I have to admit, I almost have to throw up when I only smell the food cart). Way to go, EK!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:07 pm

Is the meal service also better in J?
Last year I flow DXB-FRA in J in the morning and we got continental breakfast and full lunch (but without canapes, without fruit and only one desert choise).
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Pdub
The breakfast is actually a step back but the second meal served is a big improvement on the horrible chicken sandwich which has made me take lacto-ovo for amost a year now!
Agreed. Continental breakfast is a step backward but the main meal is a leap forward.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: CX MPC GR, EK Skywards BL, QR Privelege Club SL
Actually I somewhat prefer a full breakfast and a light sandwich before landing, like what they're doing now. I really enjoy their full breakfast grill.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Agreed. Continental breakfast is a step backward but the main meal is a leap forward.
Continental breakfast is a step backward from the hot breakfast that was served. But in reality they are not going to serve two hot meals on a 6-7hour flight. So then it comes to personal preference whether you prefer a hot breakfast or hot lunch. And for those with a thirst, there is an extra bar round done before lunch.

Going back about 3years ago when it was the same routine, continental breakfast comprised of a muffin, croissant and fruit. In that respect it is a step forward.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
The breakfast served earlier was identical to what is on offer in the lounges (at least the Silver lounge). Having had breakfast in the lounge, I'd much rather get lunch onboard, than the same thing for breakfast which I wouldn't want to eat, and then feel hungry half way into the flight.

Another example is afternoon flights coming back from Europe. I was served lunch on a 1530 departure/ 0015 arrival. In fact, when I asked in the lounge, I was told dinner would be served onboard, so I ate in the lounge!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.