Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Skywards Questions Answered

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:24 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by iQi
Thanks for the insight and useful tips, ET.

Just checked on EF: there are no D seats around my date in September (D is not even mentioned, just O with zero available seats).

Could D's appear later on, or O's become available? I set an alert for that anyway.

I also checked alternative routes and SFO-LAX shows 7 D's today! Same ex-SEA.
How is 7 considered in EK world? Will they go quickly?

Search for business saver reward / upgrade tickets (D) in the awards and upgrades section .If you are still unsure post the planned travel dates and someone here can help. If there are multiple flights from the airport that you are planning to travel try to play around with the departure times on expertflyer.

At least ex London I get different options if I try different departure times on the same day.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Jun 2, 2014 at 4:29 am
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:47 pm
iQi

Programs: EK Skywards, LH M&M, BA Exec Club, AC Aeroplan, UA, AA, QR
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Search for business saver reward / upgrade tickets (D) in the awards and upgrades section .If you are still unsure post the planned travel dates and someone here can help. If there are multiple flights from the airport that you are planning to travel try to play around with the departure times on expertflyer.

At least ex London I get different options if I try different departure times on the same day.
There is only one direct daily EK flight out of LAX/SFO, so not many options out there.
My conclusion now is that there are much better chances for an upgrade to D if I make the Y return from SFO instead of LAX.

Thank you all for your input ^
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by iQi
There is only one direct daily EK flight out of LAX/SFO, so not many options out there.
My conclusion now is that there are much better chances for an upgrade to D if I make the Y return from SFO instead of LAX.

Thank you all for your input ^
The D availability is only really useful if you have a ticket that is upgradeable before check-in as once check-in opens, the controller may offer miles upgrades on a space-available. D refers to saver rewards or all types of upgrades, not just saver ticket upgrades. Saver/Flex upgrades simply refers to the mileage cost of the upgrade - both come out of the same fare bucket. O bucket flex awards are for the higher cost flex redemptions. You mentioned you had a Y saver ticket - most of these I have found recently going to SE Asia are not upgradeable before check-in. Perhaps this is different on North America routes but I would check that first before rearranging your flights...
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:26 pm

Can I double upgrade with EK miles

Booking a holiday for my wife and I. We are both silver, and have plenty of miles, and also a option for a companion ticket purchase. We want to travel at least business, but the problem is you get better holiday deals on hotel and flight packages. If we book economy can we upgrade with miles to first or is it only possible for class upgrades?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by hopkins1
Booking a holiday for my wife and I. We are both silver, and have plenty of miles, and also a option for a companion ticket purchase. We want to travel at least business, but the problem is you get better holiday deals on hotel and flight packages. If we book economy can we upgrade with miles to first or is it only possible for class upgrades?

I was in a similar situation and decided to use the companion reward after booking a J ticket for myself . I then used my miles to upgrade us both to F .

AFAIK almost all economy flight plus hotel packages are booked as economy saver and its unlikely that you will be able to upgrade to even J prior to check in.

You can of course try your luck on a double upgrade using miles onboard but it depends on the purser and how full the F cabin is. Moreover you lose out on lounge access (other than DXB) and also the priority bags / fast track security and chauffeur drive
Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: Skywards, British Airways
Emirates skywards miles under review

Just flown again with emirates business class Glasgow To Sydney, booked through my travel agent, but was assured that although a QF code, the flights where Emirates run and operated, just to be sure I called Emirates office and was told that I would indeed be eligable for my skywards miles on all my flights. When I went online to claim my miles I was told firstly that they where being granted to my skywards account, then few days later told they where not, have be emailing back and forth and they now say they are under review!! I was picked up at home by Emirates car, checked in online on Emirates website etc and was given my regular seat that is on my skywards profile yet they want to argue about miles? I just feel they are being pedantic and if not awarded the miles, then will never fly with them again, such a shame as until now never really had a complaint with Emirates
Old Jun 19, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jintysbhoys3
Just flown again with emirates business class Glasgow To Sydney, booked through my travel agent, but was assured that although a QF code, the flights where Emirates run and operated, just to be sure I called Emirates office and was told that I would indeed be eligable for my skywards miles on all my flights. When I went online to claim my miles I was told firstly that they where being granted to my skywards account, then few days later told they where not, have be emailing back and forth and they now say they are under review!! I was picked up at home by Emirates car, checked in online on Emirates website etc and was given my regular seat that is on my skywards profile yet they want to argue about miles? I just feel they are being pedantic and if not awarded the miles, then will never fly with them again, such a shame as until now never really had a complaint with Emirates
You will get miles but not tier miles as I understand it.

I'd always just book flights with an EK code....
Old Jun 27, 2014, 4:44 pm
m27

does anyone know if the refer a friend bonus is still on? appears to be, but the T&Cs state it's valid until 23.59 on the last day of a promotion, but i don't see a mention of dates anywhere.

thanks

http://www.emirates.com/account/uk/e...end/index.aspx
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
I believe that it is still on and that they are just kind of reserving the right to terminate the programme. As long as you log in to your account and go through the correct page to refer people you should be good. Last worked for me a few months ago.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:00 pm
m27

thanks, my referral was accepted just waiting for the trip to complete now
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: EK Gold
If I'm on a flex ticket, if there are upgrades from business to first available they should show in MMB?

It currently just says upgrade available? No.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by RichL
If I'm on a flex ticket, if there are upgrades from business to first available they should show in MMB?

It currently just says upgrade available? No.
Yes.

In Manage A Booking select Upgrade with Miles. You should see a table with each segment listed seperately.

If an entry is greyed out with a "No" in the "Availability" column then you're currently out of luck.

If you just get a small box saying no upgrades available. I think it means you're on a ticket that can't be upgraded until the 24 hour window before check in. Unlikely if it's a Flex ticket.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: EK Gold
Yeah that's it, the first part you explained. Thank you.

Would love to get an upgrade this time as it's prob going to be my last EK flight for a while (that's a different story)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: skywards gold
e-gate

I registered for e-gate access on my gold card a year ago, but since then I have gone down to silver level. Do I need to go through all that registration process again? Or has my new silver card already automatically got my information stored in it to allow e-gate access? Am I best to use my current silver card or my old (expired) but registered gold card to get through Dubai immigration e-gates? By the way im not a UAE resident, I am a UK passport holder.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: free agent
Hi, is it normal for emirates to grant silver status to people with United's 1K ? I recently made a status request for EK's gold but EK said they only can so silver. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.