FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Emirates check-in @ Hong Kong (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1176816-emirates-check-hong-kong.html)

oholz Jan 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Emirates check-in @ Hong Kong

I'm booked on EK381 from HKG to DXB. According to the EK website and the eticket-receipt&itinerary check-in starts three hours before scheduled departure time. What about the reality in HKG? Earlier check-in possible?

LovetoTravel83 Jan 26, 2011 5:41 am

You can go to the airport up to 5 hours prior to departure.

I'm saying this because I could select the chauffeur drive 5 hours prior to departure.

This was for my flight on the 18th of this month HKG-DXB.

Guy Betsy Jan 26, 2011 6:36 pm

You may check in at the Airport Express stations anytime on the same day of departure.

coffeeblack Mar 29, 2011 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 15742544)
You may check in at the Airport Express stations anytime on the same day of departure.

Hello guys, Does this mean that even if my flight was at 0035hrs on Saturday, I can check in on Friday morning? What I was thinking of doing was check in in the early morn, go to work and just head from my office to the airport.

QRC3288 Nov 9, 2017 6:48 pm

What's the latest I can check-in?

Longtime poster on the CX forum. Although I fly Emirates from time to time don't think I've posted here before. Sorry to rehash an old thread but it seemed the closest I could find.

My question is the opposite of the posters above: What's the latest I can check in Emirates ex-HKG? Either at Airport Express In-Town Checkin (~90 minutes like CX?), or at the airport (60 minutes? 50? 40?). I can't seem to find the check-in counter closing time on the EK website.

I'm on EK387, 7:35am departure next week and would like to arrive as late as possible to HKIA. I'll either take the Airport Express or take a car to the airport. I've flown ex-HKG on EK before but haven't flown the morning flight until now. Ideally I want to arrive at airport, clear security and immigration, and walk on plane. I won't have a bag to check and am in F.

Much thanks.

skywardhunter Nov 9, 2017 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 29042249)
Longtime poster on the CX forum. Although I fly Emirates from time to time don't think I've posted here before. Sorry to rehash an old thread but it seemed the closest I could find.

My question is the opposite of the posters above: What's the latest I can check in Emirates ex-HKG? Either at Airport Express In-Town Checkin (~90 minutes like CX?), or at the airport (60 minutes? 50? 40?). I can't seem to find the check-in counter closing time on the EK website.

I'm on EK387, 7:35am departure next week and would like to arrive as late as possible to HKIA. I'll either take the Airport Express or take a car to the airport. I've flown ex-HKG on EK before but haven't flown the morning flight until now. Ideally I want to arrive at airport, clear security and immigration, and walk on plane. I won't have a bag to check and am in F.

Much thanks.

Don't know about the airport express timings or HKG specifically but generally it's 60 minutes. Why not ask EK on Twitter at @EmiratesSupport?

QRC3288 Nov 9, 2017 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29043014)
Don't know about the airport express timings or HKG specifically but generally it's 60 minutes. Why not ask EK on Twitter at @EmiratesSupport?

oh my....is it bad to admit I neither know how to or have a Twitter?

I've been on FT for 8 years or so and am familiar with Google Documents, and this is about as advanced as it gets for me!

I'll aim for 60 minutes regardless. Thanks.

Metanoia Nov 9, 2017 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 29042249)

Much thanks.

I believe that in-town check in isn't available for EK387, but I could be wrong. Since you're in F, couldn't you use Chauffeur Drive?

QRC3288 Nov 9, 2017 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia (Post 29043022)
I believe that in-town check in isn't available for EK387, but I could be wrong. Since you're in F, couldn't you use Chauffeur Drive?

Do you think the In-Town Check-in counter isn't manned then? I know the first train leaves at 5:50am and CX and KA (my normal departures ex-HKG) are open before then, but now that I think about it totally possible Emirates isn't staffed early morning. The next departure isn't until late afternoon.

I've got a driver here in HK, but thanks for the reminder. Forgot about the Emirates driver thing, I'll definitely do it on the arrival I currently have my hotel picking me up. Just saved me $200 bucks!

ElJudioErrante Nov 9, 2017 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia (Post 29043022)

Sometimes I take this flight.I think the EK check in at HKG closes 1 hour before dep. One can also check.in the night before , however EK lounge not open all night.

eternaltransit Nov 10, 2017 1:54 am

The flight will close at 60 minutes to departure: that’s the latest you can drop a bag at the airport itself.

Airport express check in I think is 90 minutes but I am not 100% on that.

HKprince Nov 10, 2017 5:04 am

Can confirm no airport express check-in for EK387. Make sure you're there before T-60 as EK is quite strict about closing the flight precisely on time.

Just a heads up EK387 is probably the worst of the 4 departures ex-HKG, and the only 777 operated flight. Also susceptible to get swapped out for a 2-class frame during peak season.

QRC3288 Nov 10, 2017 7:35 am

Originally Posted by HKprince (Post 29043571)
Can confirm no airport express check-in for EK387. Make sure you're there before T-60 as EK is quite strict about closing the flight precisely on time.

Just a heads up EK387 is probably the worst of the 4 departures ex-HKG, and the only 777 operated flight. Also susceptible to get swapped out for a 2-class frame during peak season.

Thank you for the advice. I will be sure to get there 60 mins out and no Airport Express.

As for airplane swap, is that common? I presume two class plane means no F? I generally try to avoid any products without a bed over 5-6 hours. Would be very disappointing but I must be in the UAE for a dinner that night so can't take a later flight. Can you opine on the odds? Should I swap to a CX J (with a bed, no F offered) or EK F the night before?

ElJudioErrante Nov 10, 2017 8:20 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 29044000)
Thank you for the advice. I will be sure to get there 60 mins out and no Airport Express.

As for airplane swap, is that common? I presume two class plane means no F? I generally try to avoid any products without a bed over 5-6 hours. Would be very disappointing but I must be in the UAE for a dinner that night so can't take a later flight. Can you opine on the odds? Should I swap to a CX J (with a bed, no F offered) or EK F the night before?

take EK at 0035.the 2115 is 1 stop via BKK...to be avoided

QRC3288 Nov 10, 2017 8:26 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante (Post 29044202)
take EK at 0035.the 2115 is 1 stop via BKK...to be avoided

yea, there is definitely no way I'm taking an excursion via BKK. I'm not in the "experience" mode. I just want to get to DXB in proper comfort and a flat bed.

Do you really think I should change to the night before? Are swaps that common on CX387? The timing is lovely *if* F stays. I'm not thrilled about trying EK's business class product...haven't tried before, and would rather fly CX if that's the case.