Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Read This First: Everything You Need To Know About Skywards & Emirates

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 31, 13, 10:59 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: eightblack
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 20, 10, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Welcome to the Emirates and Skywards Forum

Please take a moment to read the useful threads in this sticky in case your question has been answered. If starting a thread, please check for existing threads on the same topic - there is a "Search this forum" box at the top of every page. The search function isn't perfect, but this simple courtesy improves the board for everyone. If you're still not sure, send a PM (Private Message) to one of the listed EK Forum Ambassadors or myself. The best way for people who are new to the EK forum to have their questions answered is to post in the "Newbies Thread" which is at the top of the main page.

In addition, a couple of Emirates forum house rules in addition to the standard Flyertalk Rules & Guidelines:

• Don't post complete email addresses as it attracts spam robots to FT.

• We are fortunate to now have regular contributions from EK staff, some who are open about their employee status and some who would prefer to remain nameless. Feel free to send them a PM but remember that their assistance is a kindness and not a right. Alternatively, you may wish to PM me with your question and I will do my best to have it answered by someone at either Skywards or EK.

• Sometimes people write silly things; this doesn't mean you need to respond. Don't feed the trolls.

• The EK Forum Culture – those of you who have been members of FT for a while will notice that there is often a marked difference between how one forum operates to that of another. What is acceptable in one, may not be acceptable to another. I am all for healthy debate and encourage it. The EK community may be small in comparison to our US brothers, but we have some truly global road warriors in our midst and I believe we have a lot to offer.

Regards

eightblack & Zol
Moderators – Emirates Forum

Skywards – 2013

FAQ 1 - Program Overview (All You Need To Know, Membership Tiers, Tier Miles, Qualification, Contacts, Mileage accelerator)

FAQ 2 – Redemptions/Upgrades (what class do they book into?, how do I request an upgrade, difference between saver and flex mileage redemption)

FAQ 3 – Flying With Emirates (seating plans Y/J/F, what aircraft have what seats?, what are the best seats, route network, classes, onboard service, IFE)

FAQ 4 – The EK Lounge Network (photos, food, wine, location, hours of operation, showers)

FAQ 5 – Common Abbreviations on the EK forum (DXB, B77W, 773, 388, ICE, ICE Digital, GDS, Skycruisers, Weber etc)

FAQ 6 – Visiting Dubai (transiting DXB for the first time, DXB airport layout, hotels, immigration issues, visas, non EK lounges, duty free, stop-overs etc)

Useful Links & Information
- ung1 (program generalist)
- mrtdxb (Forum Ambassador)
- DYKWIA (Forum Ambassador)
- GigoloArt (Forum Ambassador)
- whimike (Forum Ambassador)

If we missed anything, please email or PM Zol or I. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find the refurbished EK forum useful. It is a work in progress and we will continue to add/delete/modify based on your feedback and contribution.

Safe flying.

* All images courtesy www.emirates.com

Last edited by eightblack; Mar 26, 15 at 1:47 pm Reason: Updating

Search this Thread