Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Ultimate Emirates Lounge Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2013, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eightblack
List of lounges (2013) & Opening Hours & Contact Numbers

Dubai
First Class Lounge T3
Business Lounges

Emirates Lounges Worldwide
  1. Auckland
  2. Bangkok
  3. Beijing
  4. Birmingham
  5. Brisbane
  6. Colombo
  7. Delhi
  8. Düsseldorf
  9. Frankfurt
  10. Hamburg
  11. Hong Kong
  12. Istanbul
  13. Johannesburg
  14. Kuala Lumpur
  15. London Gatwick
  16. London Heathrow
  17. Manchester
  18. Melbourne
  19. Milan
  20. Mumbia
  21. Munich
  22. New York - JFK
  23. Paris - CDG
  24. Perth
  25. San Francisco
  26. Shanghai
  27. Singapore
  28. Sydney
  29. Zürich

Access Policy

Partner Lounges

(This wiki page under construction)
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Emirates Lounge Guide

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Urtstar
It depends your location. Gold in Y can no longer bring guests in DXB airport, but if your traveling at another airport, then you can. I travel on weekly basis and always take my silver colleague with me. Lounge staff let me guest me each time. Only difference is last week, lounge agent told me that Emirates may be stopping Y guesting soon , but no action has been taken yet
Officially guests are not allowed across the network any longer unless you are travelling in Business or First. There will always be exceptions to that rule.
Old May 28, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Urtstar
It depends your location. Gold in Y can no longer bring guests in DXB airport, but if your traveling at another airport, then you can. I travel on weekly basis and always take my silver colleague with me. Lounge staff let me guest me each time. Only difference is last week, lounge agent told me that Emirates may be stopping Y guesting soon , but no action has been taken yet
Which airport is this ??
I have tried in other airports in VIE / DME/ CCU and they dont allow me to take guests..
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Props to the lounge lady at BKK who almost put me on a UL flight so I could make a ferry to Macau... before her supervisor pointed out that EK doesn't do that for CO award tickets.

This is the sort of thing I'll remember. BKK is a really nice lounge, too: good food, plenty of room for the flight (EK 384).
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
DXB T1 First Class Lounge (refurbished)

The lounge is located directly opposite the T1 Business Class Lounge, near gate 122. Both the ground level and the upper level have dining areas and armchairs grouped around several tables, the upper level acts as the smoking section. On the upper level, above the lounge reception, there is a quiet zone featuring 8 almost flat leather chairs. As the lounge is almost entirely separated from the main hall, it is a lot quieter (and a whole lot smaller) than its T3 counterpart.

Quiet zone, upstairs

Quiet zone, upstairs

Seating area, upstairs

Looking downstairs towards the entrance from the upper level

Dining area, upstairs

Seating area, upstairs (smoking)

Dining area, downstairs

Seating area, downstairs (non-smoking)

Window view
Old Jul 22, 2011, 8:34 am

never been to any lounge b4. But next month i will.
Do we get free food and drink?

If my transit time is only 2hr50min, is it still possible for me to go to the business lounge? or is it better go direct to the boarding gate (transfer within T3 Dubai)?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by reipihan
You will.

If my transit time is only 2hr50min, is it still possible for me to go to the business lounge? or is it better go direct to the boarding gate (transfer within T3 Dubai)?
This is plenty of time for the lounge. You'll have at least 2 hours to spend there (if your inbound flight is on time) which is more than enough to get an idea of what lounges are all about.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
never been to any lounge b4. But next month i will.

I've been to the J lounge at T3 even after my connecting flight had started boarding just so that I could use the toilet. In the Main terminal you have to queue up to use the toilets all the time. At least in the lounge thats not a problem except in the mornings.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:00 am

EK is likely going to be opening it's own lounge in CMB soon. The Careers website is recruiting lounge agents, whereas currently the airline uses the Araliya lounge. Which is good, because the Araliya lounge is terrible.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by ung1
EK is likely going to be opening it's own lounge in CMB soon. The Careers website is recruiting lounge agents, whereas currently the airline uses the Araliya lounge. Which is good, because the Araliya lounge is terrible.
Given we all just paid 300$ for CMB-DXB-MLE, I think the Araliya lounge was acceptable. But good to see EK wants to make our next Error-Fare Run more accomodating
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Given we all just paid 300$ for CMB-DXB-MLE, I think the Araliya lounge was acceptable. But good to see EK wants to make our next Error-Fare Run more accomodating
I never used the CMB lounge for the EK flights on that trip as I was taking the 349 from SIN anyway. But I used it while flying QR back to DXB after finishing the MR.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
AKL Lounge

So here are some pictures if anyone's interested:

Shower Area - Only 2 Showers available in men's

Side notes: should have started this thread before doing 4 glasses of champers... haha!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:54 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
[QUOTE=lsed;17118018]So here are some pictures if anyone's interested:

Great pics - thanks very much, a big improvement by the looks of it! What did you do with everyone else?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: KL Gold SkyTeam Elite Plus - SEN M&M *G
[QUOTE=mrtdxb;17118697]
Originally Posted by lsed
So here are some pictures if anyone's interested:

Great pics - thanks very much, a big improvement by the looks of it! What did you do with everyone else?
Whahaaaaa

Thanks for your photo's!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:56 am

sure the bathrooms and showers look much nicer and new but is it me or does this look some what similar to the T1 business class lounge?

Originally Posted by lsed
So here are some pictures if anyone's interested:]

Side notes: should have started this thread before doing 4 glasses of champers... haha!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by fly hi
sure the bathrooms and showers look much nicer and new but is it me or does this look some what similar to the T1 business class lounge?
Every EK lounge with the exception of the T3 lounges looks the same. A little bit dated, dull and boring, if you ask me. But the service, f&b and location usually make up for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.