Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Ultimate Emirates Lounge Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2013, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eightblack
List of lounges (2013) & Opening Hours & Contact Numbers

Dubai
First Class Lounge T3
Business Lounges

Emirates Lounges Worldwide
  1. Auckland
  2. Bangkok
  3. Beijing
  4. Birmingham
  5. Brisbane
  6. Colombo
  7. Delhi
  8. Düsseldorf
  9. Frankfurt
  10. Hamburg
  11. Hong Kong
  12. Istanbul
  13. Johannesburg
  14. Kuala Lumpur
  15. London Gatwick
  16. London Heathrow
  17. Manchester
  18. Melbourne
  19. Milan
  20. Mumbia
  21. Munich
  22. New York - JFK
  23. Paris - CDG
  24. Perth
  25. San Francisco
  26. Shanghai
  27. Singapore
  28. Sydney
  29. Zürich

Access Policy

Partner Lounges

(This wiki page under construction)
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Emirates Lounge Guide

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
In the DXB F lounge, what kind of food can I expect at 3am-6am? Any chance for some late night supper or will it just be snacks? any chance a la carte will be available so late? And is the free Spa treatment possible at such time? (I just read that it's open, but will it be like reduced services so the "free" treatment has to wait if someone wants to pay for it or something like this? never ever been there before..)

So many questions, I just try to maximize my DXB lounge visit
Haha on your Mega First class bouncing around trip?

I have the same layover too between 3-6ish am! it's going to be very interesting to see dubai airport late at night.
Old May 17, 2011, 4:34 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by B747-437B
1pm this afternoon in T3 Lounge!

Oh this I have seen and also had.. I was hoping for the chicken tikka roll as we get in India ( Chicken tikka kabab in roti )

Btw.. I have found good shavarma rolls which they make to order in the kitchen there now.. and also chilli chicken etc on a buffet table infront of the kitchen in the center of the lounge..(surprising its not there on the main buffet tables on the either side of the lounge)..
Old May 18, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Amsterdam Lounge

Lounge Number 42 (it is what used to be the intercontinental Flying Dutchman Royal Wing Lounge for those of you who can remember that far back - and it has hardly changed since).

Large lounge (shared with various other airlines) but not busy between 1pm and 3pm prior to the DXB flight. Situated on the upper level between the E and F piers with great views of the apron and a one of the runways.

Good selection of spirits, wine and soft drinks. Heineken on draught. Food limited to small pastries, soup and nuts etc.

Showers available.

Birmingham Lounge

Identikit EK operated lounge. Virtually the same as the lounges at LHR, MAN and BKK. Located at the start of the main pier. I'm sure I saw somewhere on the Emirates website that it was opposite the gate for the DXB flights - incorrect. The EK flights always park at the far end of the pier, some distance from the lounge and with no moving walkways.
Old May 19, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
In the DXB F lounge, what kind of food can I expect at 3am-6am? Any chance for some late night supper or will it just be snacks? any chance a la carte will be available so late?
According to the menu, Ŕ la carte breakfast will be served starting at 4am. However, there will still be some canapés around (they seem to be the same around the clock) for self-service. The menu says that ŕ la carte dinner ends at 3am (I don't know whether this is a mistake or if they are really going to serve nothing between 3am and 4am).
Old May 19, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: EK skywards
can anyone book a spa treatment in the first class lounge?
Old May 19, 2011, 5:39 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by victsung
can anyone book a spa treatment in the first class lounge?
Yep, as long as you are travelling F that day...
Old May 20, 2011, 7:12 am

Posting this from (the floor outside of) the HKG Lounge. Which idiot scheduled 2 A380s from here at the same time? This place is a bloody zoo. Not only is every single seat taken, so is every corner and most of the places on the carpet along the corridor outside. The lounge ladies are actually bringing drinks out to those of us sitting outside!

I'd much rather be politely told there is no lounge available than to be given an invitation to a lounge that has no space to accommodate me.
Old May 20, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
The HKG lounge is so small that it even gets crowded when a single, half-full A380 is departing as I got to experience just two weeks ago.
Old May 20, 2011, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by bruce80
The HKG lounge is so small that it even gets crowded when a single, half-full A380 is departing as I got to experience just two weeks ago.
This should not be. There is seating for around 30 in the dining area and probably double that in the main area. Of course tables for four get occupied by singles or twosomes, but that shouldn't stop them/you sharing if required.

However, if there was only one A380 leaving there would also be a 777 leaving a couple of hours later (unless the schedule was screwed up) so that might account for your experience.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:42 pm

There was also a group of Nigerians hanging around at the top of the escalator offering HK$100 to anyone who was willing to guest them into the lounge. I didn't see anyone actually accept it but hardly a premium experience.
Old May 20, 2011, 1:27 pm

There was also a group of Nigerians hanging around at the top of the escalator offering HK$100 to anyone who was willing to guest them into the lounge. I didn't see anyone actually accept it but hardly a premium experience.
I thought there is no longer a way to guest anyone into a lounge? Even F pax can't, or am I wrong?
Old May 20, 2011, 2:00 pm

I thought there is no longer a way to guest anyone into a lounge? Even F pax can't, or am I wrong?
Golds in F/J can bring one guest.
Old May 23, 2011, 4:36 pm

Golds in F/J can bring one guest.
I thought Golds travelling in Y could guest. When did this change?
Old May 23, 2011, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by eshaq786
About 6 weeks ago. See here for lengthy discussion on it at the time:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...t-economy.html
Old May 27, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Intercon Royal Ambassador, PriorityClub Platinum,Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by eshaq786
It depends your location. Gold in Y can no longer bring guests in DXB airport, but if your traveling at another airport, then you can. I travel on weekly basis and always take my silver colleague with me. Lounge staff let me guest me each time. Only difference is last week, lounge agent told me that Emirates may be stopping Y guesting soon , but no action has been taken yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.