Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

28 October DXB lounge invites anyone pls?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

28 October DXB lounge invites anyone pls?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:10 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Bumping since this is getting lost in the Malaysian experience story

Maybe a good idea to open a lounge meetings sticky as there in many other fora @:-)
Old Nov 18, 2010, 6:33 am

Bumping again..
Surprised that Fter's not interested in a stickly for longe meetings considering that EK Golds can take a companion for free into the lounges .. and considering the big number of Golds and the amazing lounge facilties in DXB..

And if it is thru FT, then hopefully we can avoid the below kinds of nasty experiences..
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Bumping again..
Surprised that Fter's not interested in a stickly for longe meetings considering that EK Golds can take a companion for free into the lounges .. and considering the big number of Golds and the amazing lounge facilties in DXB..

And if it is thru FT, then hopefully we can avoid the below kinds of nasty experiences..
I agree (he says knowing full well that he has 4 hours in Dubai Airport on Monday morning....).
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
EK Golds can take a companion for free into the lounges ..
Officially it is only if they are departing on the same flight as you. Sometimes you can get around this, but its too hit-or-miss to be reliable enough for scheduled meet-ups.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Officially it is only if they are departing on the same flight as you. Sometimes you can get around this, but its too hit-or-miss to be reliable enough for scheduled meet-ups.
hmmm.. but nothing wrong in trying is it ?
And what about the small chance that there is some Fter flying on the same flight from dxb..
I mean, its worth a try IMHO... if things dont seem to work in some months, lock the thread..
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I agree (he says knowing full well that he has 4 hours in Dubai Airport on Monday morning....).
I had posted this after I had returned from dxb
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
I think its a nice idea

Would love to have a place to see if I can get a lounge invite for whenever I stop being Gold. The main DXB terminal never seems to have enough chairs! If nothing else, you can always find a place to sit in the lounge.

Anyways, I'm going CCU-DXB-LAX this Friday, so anyone who wants an invite on the 27th who is on EK217, let me know! Fair warning, I'm probably going to be sleepy and grumpy so I'll guest you in and then leave you to your own devices...
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:07 am

Programs: *A
I think a lounge meeting thread is generally a good idea and I've had a few pleasant meetings through via the one over at Miles&More.

Ok, EK seems to have that restriction about guests having to be on the same flight. But the meetings above were just with other members who had access right on their own...

Now, I have a rather lengthy stay at the airport tomorrow myself.... I fly on EK384 to BKK on 25Nov at 0305. I am not sure yet when I will head to the airport, I have no plans for the evening really. I hold Silver, so can't guest but if anyone happens to be around, I am happy to meet up. or to be taken into a T3 lounge of course

-Sebastian
Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by sebastian746
I think a lounge meeting thread is generally a good idea and I've had a few pleasant meetings through via the one over at Miles&More.

Ok, EK seems to have that restriction about guests having to be on the same flight. But the meetings above were just with other members who had access right on their own...

-Sebastian
I have also had quite informative and pleasant meetings thru miles and more and have located the fter from their lounge meetings sticky..
They also have a rule something like the accompanying pax should be on the same day * A flight .. and the lounge dragon normally keeps the Bp's of both the pax to ensure both leave together..
Old Dec 21, 2010, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards
lol, just revisiting this, trying my luck again for this week!
God loves a trier eh?

I may try the lurking technique if all else fails, worried it may be a long wait on Thursday if flights are still delayed.

Personally I don't see anything sinister or scam like about a fellow traveller asking for a favour, a good use of this forum and networking as far as I can see.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 9:29 am
Original Poster

In my experience (been travelling to DXB for the last 20 years, mostly on Emirates), the ground staff are generally very amenable, yes, you get the odd humourless one but I have always found them keen to help.
You have nothing to lose by asking for a cheeky lounge invite, in the old days it used be asking for a cheeky upgrade, but sadly those days are long gone!

Wish the same could be said of the bunch of amateurs who run Passport Control in DXB, it never fails to amaze me how lazy and slovenly they are!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by donnabella
Wish the same could be said of the bunch of amateurs who run Passport Control in DXB, it never fails to amaze me how lazy and slovenly they are!
What's their issue?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
What's their issue?

Lol, it is called Emiratisation, the Government have a policy to find jobs for underemployed and overprivileged UAE nationals,

but unfortunately they seem to find the actual obligation to do the job in hand, a strain on their social life, which in Dubai always comes first!

Last edited by eightblack; Dec 21, 2010 at 1:11 pm Reason: add link/fix link
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by donnabella
Lol, it is called Nationalization, the Government have a policy to find jobs for underemployed and overprivileged UAE nationals,

but unfortunately they seem to find the actual obligation to do the job in hand, a strain on their social life, which in Dubai always comes first!
IMHO and from my experience, I feel most immigrants in any country do work harder and have a much better work discipline than local nationals..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.