Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates ticket already bought, but now its cheaper on Emirates.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I have just joined this forum.

I am sorry if the question is already asked, but I bought an Emirates ticket from durban to India (return)
I see now that the same ticket is significantly cheaper on the Emirates site.

will they refund me the difference?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 6:28 am

Programs: Skywards, Miles & More, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Chantal6282
Hello,

I am sorry if the question is already asked, but I bought an Emirates ticket from durban to India (return)

Are you totally sure it is the same ticket? Usually you get flex fares far in advance for cheap. Later on they get real expensive. Closer to the date of travel you usually get saver fares for cheap. But thats a different ticket (e.g. only valid for 3 month. Felx for up to 12 month).

So are you sure you are not comparing felx fares to saver fares?

Anyhow. I doubt you can get a refund. If the price of the ticket available now is much much cheaper though you might be able to save money through cancelling the flight you initially purchased and just buying the new ticket. Cancelling fees might start as low as 200 USD I think.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Hi Gagalichen, thank you for the reply.

I chose the cheapest fares possibly available when booking. And now the exact same fares are cheapers (same dates, same flight numbers etc).

I was wondering about the Emirates best fare gaurantee...will it apply here?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: SkyWards Ex Silver & BA
Hello,

I think you will find the answer to that question is NO.

Would you think it fair if Emirates were to put a surcharge on tickets already purchased because they were putting prices up?

Prices do fluctuate due to currency exchange rates, cost of fuel and other running costs, also different categories of tickets become available and withdrawn dependant on sales volume/loads to maximise profitability.

Regarding the prise promise it is for tickets sold by Emirates on-line where the purchaser finds some other website selling the same ticket cheaper. http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/p...guarantee.aspx

Last edited by Basil B; Aug 2, 2010 at 8:45 am Reason: added info on price promise
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Hello,

Try calling EK and see what they say. I hope EK doesn't do what US airlines do when fares go down, i.e., they charge you an outrageous change fee and then give you whatever is left (which means that most of the time you are better off not requesting it).
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:51 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
The prices for my New Year flights to BKK in Business have dropped by 17% since I booked them online in March.
I phoned EK who advised me to rebook,then phone them back to cancel original tickets. This I did,they refunded original tickets less £200 pp cancellation fee but still saving me £££'s.
BUT both my bookings were direct with EK, who I found had the best prices and no CC fees.
Incidentally,my reserved seats on all sectors were released straight away & I rebooked them under the new reference
SS

Last edited by Silverswimmer; Aug 5, 2010 at 3:20 pm Reason: seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.