Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Volcaninc Ash Disrupts Emirates UK Flights.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volcaninc Ash Disrupts Emirates UK Flights.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:11 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards/Gulf Air FFP/Flying Blue Kenya Airways/KLM
Six flights from Gatwick to Dubai including 00:20am flight. Go EK!

They had a late night 22:30 flight scheduled BHX-DXB as well as the usually EK40 and EK38 but seems to be cancelled (EK3038 i think).
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:40 am

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
Nearly made it!!

I departed LGW on EK010 last night, transfer to 404 in DXB very smooth with slightly delayed departure. Arrival in SIN 30 mins early. Now sitting in EK lounge waiting for the last leg to MEL ,which should also depart on time. All flights pretty full but no op ups!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Cathay actually bussed people to Rome and flew them to HKG. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...n-fco-hkg.html
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Frankfurt - Rome in a BUS? I understand that some pax had to really go home but that is a loong trip.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by GigoloArt
Frankfurt - Rome in a BUS? I understand that some pax had to really go home but that is a loong trip.
Yea, it took them 16 hours apparently. But better than renting a car for EUR 1000 and doing the same thing.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: QANTAS FF, SKYWARDS GOLD
Seems a bit stupid.

There are several train connections from Frankfurt to Rome a day with the quickest being less than 11 hours. And a damn sight cheaper than 1000 Euros.

Are you sure Cathay really did that?

Dave
Old Apr 24, 2010, 8:08 pm

That's what the person who posted said, and I think other people who posted on that thread had similar experiences. Trains may have been sold out, as they were on the first couple of days, or maybe the logistics of this were easier. The bus journey was expected to take 12 hours.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:39 am

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Exactly, international trains were sold out immediately after the stop.
Trenitalia had requested to operate additional trains, but it's said it had got no authorization.
Coach / car were the only solutions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.