Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Baggage Delivery Service DBX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
New Baggage Delivery Service DBX

1st & Business class, gold and silver members bags are now delivered to belts 10. There are armchairs and complimentary Arabic coffee is served. Not sure if the bags are delivered any earlier but it is a nice touch.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Gorilaz
1st & Business class, gold and silver members bags are now delivered to belts 10. There are armchairs and complimentary Arabic coffee is served. Not sure if the bags are delivered any earlier but it is a nice touch.
You mean the priority baggage delivery at T3? That's been around since the terminal opened. Or do you mean this has also been extended to Silver pax, as AFAIK only premium pax and Skywards Gold receive priority baggage handling. And I think you mean DXB.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, BA Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
i've also only seen this for Gold + first/business.. not including Silver. never seen the arabic coffee though. personally, i can't stand that coffee.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Originally Posted by ung1
You mean the priority baggage delivery at T3? That's been around since the terminal opened. Or do you mean this has also been extended to Silver pax, as AFAIK only premium pax and Skywards Gold receive priority baggage handling. And I think you mean DXB.
This service has only just started for First & Business & Gold & Silver member's. Their bags are delivered to direct to belts 10A/10B. With the old priority tagged system all bags from a flight were deilvered on the same belt. Sometimes the tagged bags were the first on the belt and sometime they were not.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:53 pm

This service has only just started for First & Business & Gold & Silver member's. Their bags are delivered to direct to belts 10A/10B. With the old priority tagged system all bags from a flight were deilvered on the same belt. Sometimes the tagged bags were the first on the belt and sometime they were not.
I thought this had been around for a while because I remember having seen it on the Emirates website, but perhaps that was a recent addition to the site. It doesn't mention Silver on that though. Are you sure Silver also get this? That would be a nice perk.

http://www.emirates.com/ae/english/p.../arrivals.aspx
Old Dec 15, 2009, 1:06 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, BA Executive Club Gold, AA Advantage Gold, VS Flying Club Silver
Yes nice touch indeed esp. the coffee and dates. Experienced it last night as i waited for my bags off the EK720. AFAIK it was for Skywards Gold only in addition to F/J pax. Considering we parked on one of the remotest stands on the airfield i only waited 5 mins for the bags to appear.

Rgds
Emirates777
Old Dec 16, 2009, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Emirates777
Yes nice touch indeed esp. the coffee and dates. Experienced it last night as i waited for my bags off the EK720. AFAIK it was for Skywards Gold only in addition to F/J pax. Considering we parked on one of the remotest stands on the airfield i only waited 5 mins for the bags to appear.

Rgds
Emirates777
Pleased to hear that the service works well. Wish the same could be said for my flight to RUY last night
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Premium Baggage no more??

The chairs are gone, the coffee man is gone, no EK staff and no bags on 10 or 10a this morning.

Looks like this didnt work some someone behind a desk!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, BA Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
Premium Baggage no more??

The chairs are gone, the coffee man is gone, no EK staff and no bags on 10 or 10a this morning.

Looks like this didnt work some someone behind a desk!
you beat me to posting about this. i flew in from HKG on 2/20 (arrival 5am), and i noticed the same thing! got out of the e-gate and walked all the way down to 10. then i noticed it was not functional and the board was not lit. so i had to trek all the way back and look for my carrousel.

is this the next generation EK? first they devalue our tier miles and then take away our premium baggage. next up with be the removal of T3, to be used for airport expo part 2.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by dearbee
next up with be the removal of T3, to be used for airport expo part 2.
fwiw, they already operate several flights from T1.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 3:19 am
JGX

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HiltonHonors Gold, Hertz Gold
Cool

Originally Posted by ung1
fwiw, they already operate several flights from T1.
At least they may have a few spare gates at T1 rather than the farcical 20 minute bus ride to the aircraft for some flights! Call me a grumpy old man but I really don’t expect to be herded on to some sort of charabanc when I’ve paid a bl00dy fortune for a 1st or Business class ticket!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:25 am

I think EK is unraveling before our eyes... no wonder my bag pulled a David Copperfield and vanished.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by JGX
At least they may have a few spare gates at T1 rather than the farcical 20 minute bus ride to the aircraft for some flights! Call me a grumpy old man but I really don’t expect to be herded on to some sort of charabanc when I’ve paid a bl00dy fortune for a 1st or Business class ticket!
True. The buses are quite a pain, though thankfully I haven't experienced them too often. I actually quite like it if flights are boarding in T1, because I can head to the lounge there without having to trek back to T3 when I'm in Y, and board whenever I want, avoiding the congested gate area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.