Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Definitive EK On-Board "Cash Upgrade" Thread.

The Definitive EK On-Board "Cash Upgrade" Thread.

Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:23 am

I'm flying NCE-DXB-NCE in Y (saver) next month and the flight looks wide open in all cabins. Any idea whether EK will offer cash upgrades at check-in or onboard and roughly at what price? I'm a lowly blue.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Pandor
I'm flying NCE-DXB-NCE in Y (saver) next month and the flight looks wide open in all cabins. Any idea whether EK will offer cash upgrades at check-in or onboard and roughly at what price? I'm a lowly blue.
Probably no upgrades at checkin (and definitely none on board).

However, you may get the email upgrade offer a few days before your flight.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
and definitely none on board
Thanks DYWKIA. Why is this? Have the rules changed recently? I managed to upgrade onboard for cash a few years ago.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
[QUOTE=you may get the email upgrade offer a few days before your flight.[/QUOTE]

If this is the promo fare, there will be no emails, nor options to upgrade by reaching out to EK...
Old Sep 21, 2021, 5:19 am

Thanks DYWKIA. Why is this? Have the rules changed recently? I managed to upgrade onboard for cash a few years ago.
You can upgrade on board, but it will be the difference between Y and J (or J & F).
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:45 am

You can upgrade on board, but it will be the difference between Y and J (or J & F).

Ah I see. Would anyone know roughly what sort of price a potential email upgrade promo might offer?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:29 am

Ah I see. Would anyone know roughly what sort of price a potential email upgrade promo might offer?
From the UK, it's normally around 450. Note that this doesn't include CD, lounge or priority check in.
Pandor likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Interesting, I thought there was some sort of regional or zoning aspect to on board upgrade fees. Is the fee calculated based on a hypothetical one way fare for just the segment origin and destination, or do they take your ticket origin and destination into account as they would if you upgraded through reservations?

I believe I was quoted $2900 to upgrade J to F on AKL-DXB, so its crazy that DXB-DME would be $4500.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 1:25 pm

I was just offered GBP329 for Y to J on DXB-MLE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.