FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   New Baggage Delivery Service DBX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1027512-new-baggage-delivery-service-dbx.html)

Gorilaz Dec 14, 2009 3:50 pm

New Baggage Delivery Service DBX

1st & Business class, gold and silver members bags are now delivered to belts 10. There are armchairs and complimentary Arabic coffee is served. Not sure if the bags are delivered any earlier but it is a nice touch.

ung1 Dec 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Gorilaz (Post 12985683)
1st & Business class, gold and silver members bags are now delivered to belts 10. There are armchairs and complimentary Arabic coffee is served. Not sure if the bags are delivered any earlier but it is a nice touch.

You mean the priority baggage delivery at T3? That's been around since the terminal opened. Or do you mean this has also been extended to Silver pax, as AFAIK only premium pax and Skywards Gold receive priority baggage handling. And I think you mean DXB.

dearbee Dec 14, 2009 9:09 pm

i've also only seen this for Gold + first/business.. not including Silver. never seen the arabic coffee though. personally, i can't stand that coffee.

Gorilaz Dec 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by ung1 (Post 12986225)
You mean the priority baggage delivery at T3? That's been around since the terminal opened. Or do you mean this has also been extended to Silver pax, as AFAIK only premium pax and Skywards Gold receive priority baggage handling. And I think you mean DXB.

This service has only just started for First & Business & Gold & Silver member's. Their bags are delivered to direct to belts 10A/10B. With the old priority tagged system all bags from a flight were deilvered on the same belt. Sometimes the tagged bags were the first on the belt and sometime they were not.

ung1 Dec 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Gorilaz (Post 12987747)
This service has only just started for First & Business & Gold & Silver member's. Their bags are delivered to direct to belts 10A/10B. With the old priority tagged system all bags from a flight were deilvered on the same belt. Sometimes the tagged bags were the first on the belt and sometime they were not.

I thought this had been around for a while because I remember having seen it on the Emirates website, but perhaps that was a recent addition to the site. It doesn't mention Silver on that though. Are you sure Silver also get this? That would be a nice perk.

http://www.emirates.com/ae/english/p.../arrivals.aspx

Emirates777 Dec 15, 2009 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Gorilaz (Post 12985683)

Yes nice touch indeed esp. the coffee and dates. Experienced it last night as i waited for my bags off the EK720. AFAIK it was for Skywards Gold only in addition to F/J pax. Considering we parked on one of the remotest stands on the airfield i only waited 5 mins for the bags to appear.

Rgds
Emirates777

Gorilaz Dec 16, 2009 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Emirates777 (Post 12988493)
Yes nice touch indeed esp. the coffee and dates. Experienced it last night as i waited for my bags off the EK720. AFAIK it was for Skywards Gold only in addition to F/J pax. Considering we parked on one of the remotest stands on the airfield i only waited 5 mins for the bags to appear.

Rgds
Emirates777

Pleased to hear that the service works well. Wish the same could be said for my flight to RUY last night

yyzlhr Feb 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Premium Baggage no more?? :td:

The chairs are gone, the coffee man is gone, no EK staff and no bags on 10 or 10a this morning.

Looks like this didnt work some someone behind a desk!

dearbee Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by yyzlhr (Post 13451846)
Premium Baggage no more?? :td:

The chairs are gone, the coffee man is gone, no EK staff and no bags on 10 or 10a this morning.

Looks like this didnt work some someone behind a desk!

you beat me to posting about this. i flew in from HKG on 2/20 (arrival 5am), and i noticed the same thing! got out of the e-gate and walked all the way down to 10. then i noticed it was not functional and the board was not lit. so i had to trek all the way back and look for my carrousel.

is this the next generation EK? first they devalue our tier miles and then take away our premium baggage. next up with be the removal of T3, to be used for airport expo part 2.

ung1 Feb 24, 2010 1:46 am

Originally Posted by dearbee (Post 13452255)
next up with be the removal of T3, to be used for airport expo part 2.

fwiw, they already operate several flights from T1.

JGX Feb 24, 2010 3:19 am

Originally Posted by ung1 (Post 13452720)
fwiw, they already operate several flights from T1.

At least they may have a few spare gates at T1 rather than the farcical 20 minute bus ride to the aircraft for some flights! Call me a grumpy old man but I really don’t expect to be herded on to some sort of charabanc when I’ve paid a bl00dy fortune for a 1st or Business class ticket! ;)

pr0digy25 Feb 24, 2010 4:25 am

I think EK is unraveling before our eyes... no wonder my bag pulled a David Copperfield and vanished.

ung1 Feb 24, 2010 4:27 am

Originally Posted by JGX (Post 13452913)
At least they may have a few spare gates at T1 rather than the farcical 20 minute bus ride to the aircraft for some flights! Call me a grumpy old man but I really don’t expect to be herded on to some sort of charabanc when I’ve paid a bl00dy fortune for a 1st or Business class ticket! ;)

True. The buses are quite a pain, though thankfully I haven't experienced them too often. I actually quite like it if flights are boarding in T1, because I can head to the lounge there without having to trek back to T3 when I'm in Y, and board whenever I want, avoiding the congested gate area.