Wiki Posts
Search

Amazing service yet again

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2009, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: TP-LY, Sen-LH, Gold-CO, Silver-BA, HH - Gold
Smile Amazing service yet again

I flew on Monday on LY315 to London, on the Sunday I got a call from Shachar at the Sherut Shalom, Mr. Rosenberg, you are flying first class with us and we would like to send a driver to pick you up for the flight, we have agreed on the time and on Monday morning the driver was outside my home, courtous, tidy and a person you can talk to with wide range of knowledge about everything - the guy is an ELAL employee awaiting a new position in the airline - Mor (I think his name was) a pleasant drive to the airport and then met Shachar at the Sherut Shalom, all was ready - excellent servive!.
Once on board the aircraft, I saw Hila Grinberg (rom a previous thread), I got a warm hug and a kiss - that is what I call home away from home.

On my return home from London, I arrived early into LHR from Casablanca, I saw Rami the Station Manager and explained that I am on the late flight and have a conference call and if I could stay at the lounge. The answer was immidiatelly "sure you can, go to the lounge, I will talk to Kathy" I got to the lounge, I was allowed to stay in there during my entire transit time, Kathy took care of me as if I was her own son - did I say home away from home already?

Service on the flight home was once again above and beyond in addition to a short flight we arrived 25 minutes ahead of schedule.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by gal Rosenberg
I flew on Monday on LY315 to London, on the Sunday I got a call from Shachar at the Sherut Shalom, Mr. Rosenberg, you are flying first class with us and we would like to send a driver to pick you up for the flight, we have agreed on the time and on Monday morning the driver was outside my home, courtous, tidy and a person you can talk to with wide range of knowledge about everything - the guy is an ELAL employee awaiting a new position in the airline - Mor (I think his name was) a pleasant drive to the airport and then met Shachar at the Sherut Shalom, all was ready - excellent servive!.
Once on board the aircraft, I saw Hila Grinberg (rom a previous thread), I got a warm hug and a kiss - that is what I call home away from home.

On my return home from London, I arrived early into LHR from Casablanca, I saw Rami the Station Manager and explained that I am on the late flight and have a conference call and if I could stay at the lounge. The answer was immidiatelly "sure you can, go to the lounge, I will talk to Kathy" I got to the lounge, I was allowed to stay in there during my entire transit time, Kathy took care of me as if I was her own son - did I say home away from home already?

Service on the flight home was once again above and beyond in addition to a short flight we arrived 25 minutes ahead of schedule.
Nice to hear such feedback, although I would say that for first class I hope it's quite obvious.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by ELAL
Nice to hear such feedback, although I would say that for first class I hope it's quite obvious.
Actually it is not. For the Sharot Shalom in CDG (I was flying F of course) I had to call them 18 hours before the flight because they did not call me. They told me that they forgot to, and that they will call me again within a hour. And they did not call!!! called them 6 hours later and they told me that they forgot to call - again! and then they booked the car for me
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TP-LY, Sen-LH, Gold-CO, Silver-BA, HH - Gold
Originally Posted by gordo6
Actually it is not. For the Sharot Shalom in CDG (I was flying F of course) I had to call them 18 hours before the flight because they did not call me. They told me that they forgot to, and that they will call me again within a hour. And they did not call!!! called them 6 hours later and they told me that they forgot to call - again! and then they booked the car for me
I find this odd, specially with the CDG station which I find one of the best ELAL has.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Originally Posted by gal Rosenberg
I find this odd, specially with the CDG station which I find one of the best ELAL has.
Happend (like it happend to gordo) to me with them one time, And since then they give me an amazing service...

I think its not allowed to mention names here in the forum, But anyway
for everyone, If you got great service from FA you should know that sending
a Thank you later to Nimrod Demajo (Responsible for Parsers/FAs) will be
very helpful for them.
Same for Sherut Shalom service (i remember the name, but you can get it
from the call center).

Ebzed.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ebzed
I think its not allowed to mention names here in the forum
It is indeed against FT rules.

Gal, you seem to like droping names putting emphases on the fact that everyone knows you, and you get fantastic personal service.
I'm not doubting that for one minute, but I don't see the point in coming on here every few weeks telling us yet again about the amazing service you get, when I and others have said it before, you get this service purely because they know you so well, and the bottom line is 99% of everyone else don’t get treated this way, regardless of their Matmid status.

Again, I'm sure you are getting amazing service, but you are reporting this like it is standard with ELAL when that is very far from the truth.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 1:08 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by clubman
It is indeed against FT rules.

Gal, you seem to like droping names putting emphases on the fact that everyone knows you, and you get fantastic personal service.
I'm not doubting that for one minute, but I don't see the point in coming on here every few weeks telling us yet again about the amazing service you get, when I and others have said it before, you get this service purely because they know you so well, and the bottom line is 99% of everyone else don’t get treated this way, regardless of their Matmid status.

Again, I'm sure you are getting amazing service, but you are reporting this like it is standard with ELAL when that is very far from the truth.
I agree with you, Clubman.
I am a passenger X or Y with no special status and, 2 weeks ago, I flew in C class. I was really disappointed with the service which was really nonexistent, a bit like in Y class...I am not saying that the FAs were rude or not polite, but they looked so lazy; it was not at all a special flight. Noone to ask you if everything is OK and if you enjoy the flight.

Concerning the CDG lounge, it was a real disgrace:
- out of 4 computers, only 1 was working, and we couldn't touch it because there was a teenager who was on facebook for hours...
- not a lot to eat: no cheese, the bread looked as though it was made 1 week earlier.
- no special service.

So, very disappointed with service
Old Aug 9, 2009, 2:11 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by LY777
Concerning the CDG lounge, it was a real disgrace:
- out of 4 computers, only 1 was working, and we couldn't touch it because there was a teenager who was on facebook for hours...
- not a lot to eat: no cheese, the bread looked as though it was made 1 week earlier.
- no special service.

So, very disappointed with service
IMO, Star Alliance Lounge in CDG is the same, "food" and service-wise, except I don't remember any PCs there at all; there were 1 or 2 showers tho. Personally I think it's more an inherent problem of CDG and the local staff than the individual airlines when it comes to such problems at CDG.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
I dont agree with you clubman, Gal's post are important, And i dont think
they are very far away from truth, What you get is what you give.
So, I know a FA or a Station Manager because i fly quite often, but we
are not friends and he dont owe me anything, but still give me an amazing
service...

And sometimes i get it without even knowing the people, Every airline have
bad ones and good ones, EL-AL is trying as much as possible.
You guys are using this forum to complain, Why not letting others to praise?

I have customers/co-workers flying for the first time in EL-AL and praise the
service comparing to others (I have also other which really hated them...)

And Yes, I just landed in france, flying with EL-AL with a crew i dont know,
And still the service was amazing (And it was without they noticed i am TPL,
Since the apologized after for missing this fact).

Ebzed...
Old Aug 9, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
I dont agree with you clubman, Gal's post are important, And i dont think
they are very far away from truth, What you get is what you give.
So, I know a FA or a Station Manager because i fly quite often, but we
are not friends and he dont owe me anything, but still give me an amazing
service...

And sometimes i get it without even knowing the people, Every airline have
bad ones and good ones, EL-AL is trying as much as possible.
You guys are using this forum to complain, Why not letting others to praise?

I have customers/co-workers flying for the first time in EL-AL and praise the
service comparing to others (I have also other which really hated them...)

And Yes, I just landed in france, flying with EL-AL with a crew i dont know,
And still the service was amazing (And it was without they noticed i am TPL,
Since the apologized after for missing this fact).

Ebzed...
Well, I'll take the middle ground here, not least because I know all three of you personally (clubman, ebzed, and Gal) and know that you all believe in what you say.

I think that both PL and TPL get additional recognition and special treatment - I certainly feel the difference from when I was GL. Generally, when in C service is good. In Y it usually is too but not always and also in C not always. Gal - we were together on a flight to CDG and the service wasn't perfect - there was at least one FA who had a sour face during the entire flight and we both noticed that.

So overall, I would say, the reason Gal usually experiences good service has something to do with the fact that he travels in C and is TPL. It doesn't hurt that he knows people either.

That said, Clubman has a point in that it's probable that most people do not consistently experience the level of service that Gal, ebzed, or myself receive. I'm not saying it's bad, I think frankly it's normal that some people get a different level of service based on their value to LY.

So I think it's okay for Gal to praise, as it is for others to criticise but not eveything should be considered face value and there are bound to be different views.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 9:23 am

I didnt felt the big difference between GL and PL not to mention between the PL and TPL, Only the upgrade ratio was raised...
(BTW: EL-AL opened the concierge services to PLs aswell rather only to TPL)
(Today i have noticed the last minute upgrade points is different between SL/GL and PL/TPL)

Anyway you get bad service, complain, you get good service, praise,
and not only in the forum.... make sure people in el-al knows,
this is the only way to change.

I am opening a group in facebook (nahh.. .just kidding...)
(But you can always praise good service in the EL-AL FAs group in Facebook)

Thanks,
Ebzed.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
When I fly F everyone is very nice
When I fly C most of them are very nice
There are some people in Sherut Shalom that are very very nice and even more. (I can not say their name but i transmit the names telepaticaly, which is
allowed in the forum )
LiorM

Last edited by LiorM; Aug 9, 2009 at 2:34 pm
Old Aug 10, 2009, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by economyman
So I think it's okay for Gal to praise, as it is for others to criticise but not eveything should be considered face value and there are bound to be different views.
Well said economyman.

I didn't mean Gal shouldn’t praise when he feels necessary and it’s always good to hear positive things as people are often in a rush to report bad service, but not as eager to report good service, but I what I trying to say was that all of Gal's reports so far indicate special treatment rather then the norm.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 9:06 am

but I what I trying to say was that all of Gal's reports so far indicate special treatment rather then the norm.
Again, I Disagree with you, I have many friends with GLs and SILVER (shh... TPLs are not allowed to mingle with Silvers...), And they report same
treatment as Gal...

There is a nice russain lady in el-al jfk, that upgrade a friend of mine and his
wife (they were with a kid) from J to C, and they are a basic Matmid level!
All because they were looking tired (had one big mess with internal flights
to get to JFK), They didnt felt good.... All they were asking is good seats in
economy because of not feeling well and back issues...
I personally made sure to report her to the station manager as soon as i heard
this horrible service story! 8-)

GL friend which was sure to miss the flight and call the station manager to
tell he wont make it, EL-AL monitored his other flight (it wasnt a connection)
and made sure someone will wait him as he landed (20 minutes before
flight close) and rushed him into the LY flight.

I have many examples, So its true EL-AL are not perfect and they mess
quite often, But when they try to be good, they do it as good as they can!

You need to remember, They dont get high salaries, sometimes FAs do a quicky in one day, and called urgently the next day for another one, I am sure you guys have bad days as well but you are lucky enough no one
have a forum to complain about it! 8-)
There are refreshing the crews quite often, if someone doesnt fit or behave
correctly he/she is being kicked out quite fast.

Ebzed.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:15 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Again, I Disagree with you, I have many friends with GLs and SILVER (shh... TPLs are not allowed to mingle with Silvers...), And they report same
treatment as Gal...
I'll have to side with clubman and LY777. This is not the norm for service on LY. I've flown BKK-TLV 6 times so far this year. Last year I flew this route 8 times and 6 the year before. All this exclusively on Y tickets. The last time through one of the Thai security screeners said "I think I've seen you before" but that is the extent of the recognition I've received. I get upgrades pretty regularly. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to get them without points as I travel on the 'right' class of Y ticket. But the station manager wouldn't know me from a hole in the wall. I don't get hugs and kisses when I get on board. I've been referred to once by name by an FA during the service. I think I need to start to travel with ebzed and gal in order to learn what I'm doing wrong. At the hotels I stay at most regularly everyone refers to me by name so I don't think it is that I'm rude to people or anything. I guess if I was TPL or flying in F class they'd have extra things they are supposed to do for me which would get them to start remembering who I am. What am I doing wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.