Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Fly El Al, post to other plans?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:12 pm
ALW
Original Poster

I see on the El Al site http://www.elal.com/ELAL/English/Mat...ners/Airlines/ that you can fly on some other airlines and post to El Al. Is there a list anywhere of airline programs where you can post El Al flights for credit?

Also, are there any credit cards available in Israel that will earn points in FF programs other than El Al?

Thanks!
=aw
Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:39 pm

The airline list is exactly the one you quoted. There is a sticky thread about earning points from Israeli CCs.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:25 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA silver, LH, UA
Originally Posted by ALW
I see on the El Al site http://www.elal.com/ELAL/English/Mat...ners/Airlines/ that you can fly on some other airlines and post to El Al. Is there a list anywhere of airline programs where you can post El Al flights for credit?

Also, are there any credit cards available in Israel that will earn points in FF programs other than El Al?

Thanks!
=aw
I've used to post LY points to AA, as in AA they do not have validity, and you get 100% of the miles in V (well, you used to have this in the past, may have changed).

Usually it went smoothly.

Do note that usually such agreements are bidirectional (you can also collect in QF for sure,probably also in SAA etc.), so if you can post XXX in LY, you can post LY in XXX (but be aware of the exact classes). Actually cheap LY (G) used to be great option for AA (15 pts to Europe in LY, 100% miles).

As for Israeli CC giving you RDM in other FF programs - I'm aware only of the M&M credit card. I think it's with CAL (Cartisei Ashrai Le-israel). Maybe with Diners you can also post your miles to other programs (I think that you could do so in the past).
Old Jan 11, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Posting LY flights to AA does work -- but keep all the ticket stubs and boarding cards. You will probably need to fax them to AA to get them credited correctly. Often it doesn't work automatically, even when you give your AA FF numbers to El Al at or before checkin.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta Platinum, LY Maybe:)
Originally Posted by salut0
Posting LY flights to AA does work -- but keep all the ticket stubs and boarding cards. You will probably need to fax them to AA to get them credited correctly. Often it doesn't work automatically, even when you give your AA FF numbers to El Al at or before checkin.
When posting to AA, do you also get the elite bonus (if you're AA elite) ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.