Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Earning Frequent Flyer miles/points in Israel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
Print Wikipost

Earning Frequent Flyer miles/points in Israel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2020, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Not showing on the site for me but I see it in the app. The way it reads, regular cardholders can get 5K points but Plat/Centurion only 1K?
Old Nov 2, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Not showing on the site for me but I see it in the app. The way it reads, regular cardholders can get 5K points but Plat/Centurion only 1K?

​​​​​​Correct, because MR from premium cards are worth much more than regular MR (much better transfer ratio). For example, with the Plat, 1K MR could get you 5K Alitalia miles (1:5 transfer ratio) vs. 1:3 on regular cards.

Last edited by moe8555; Nov 2, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Old Nov 3, 2020, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by moe8555
​​​​​​Correct, because MR from premium cards are worth much more than regular MR (much better transfer ratio). For example, with the Plat, 1K MR could get you 5K Alitalia miles (1:5 transfer ratio) vs. 1:3 on regular cards.
Still means that Plat could get 5K Alitalia miles while regular can 15K Alitalia miles
Old Nov 3, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Still means that Plat could get 5K Alitalia miles while regular can 15K Alitalia miles
Absolutely correct and yet another ridiculous move by an Israeli CC issuer. Really makes you feel "valued" vs. free Amex cards...
Old Dec 28, 2020, 12:02 am

Great new non-public sign up offer for the Fly Card Premium (MasterCard version):
  • First year free
  • 200 point bonus
This is the highest offer I've ever seen for the Fly Card Premium, so if you were considering it - now is the time.

https://www.cal-online.co.il/cards/f...l/item/3406407
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:28 pm

Any updates?

Wondering if there are any update regarding which Israeli CC give the best shekels to miles ratio

i know about fly card premium and LY
and CAL and miles and more LH
but am more curious
about BA or UA or AA

are there any Israeli cards for these carriers?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Michael Nash
Wondering if there are any update regarding which Israeli CC give the best shekels to miles ratio

i know about fly card premium and LY
and CAL and miles and more LH
but am more curious
about BA or UA or AA

are there any Israeli cards for these carriers?
Max cards can earn towards United airlines miles but the earnings amount is small. My monthly credit card spend is about 10-15k NIS per month and i earn maybe about 750 miles a month. But on the other hand it is a free card so miles earning would be low. Its possible they have a premium card that earns more miles.
https://www.max.co.il/cards/card/2867

Isracard also has a Turkish airlines card..
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:58 am

Amex Centurion and Platinum in Israel are finally going metal, new benefits to supposedly be added as well:

https://finance.walla.co.il/item/3492884

Last edited by moe8555; Mar 13, 2022 at 7:00 am
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
So supposedly one of the benefits of the Flycard premium is half price checked bags on ElAl. When checking in a few weeks ago in Nice, France, nobody at the checkin knew anything about this and I got charged full price. Is this only for luggage bookings online? Does it appear as a statement credit?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by NYTA
So supposedly one of the benefits of the Flycard premium is half price checked bags on ElAl. When checking in a few weeks ago in Nice, France, nobody at the checkin knew anything about this and I got charged full price. Is this only for luggage bookings online? Does it appear as a statement credit?
So it mentions that benefit on the El Al website for fly card premium (for all tickets except Lite tickets). But on the CAL website for flycard premium it doesnt mention that benefit at all. I'm wondering if they dropped that benefit from the card but did not update the El Al website (wouldnt surprise me).
Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:17 am

So I was thinking about getting the SKYMAX card but considering the upcoming program changes to Matmid (and the fact that I'm flying LY more lately for work) I was thinking maybe to get the FlyCard premium Mastercard instead. What does the group think?
Old Mar 11, 2023, 9:07 am

now that the Dan lounges don’t take priority pass, what is everyone using for the lounge?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by NYTA
now that the Dan lounges don’t take priority pass, what is everyone using for the lounge?
Its not worth paying for. Some Israeli credit cards can give you a free entry pass or reduced cost (30 shekels) in exchange for using one of your monthly bonuses. My Max card offers that or a free sandwich and drink at אילנס.
I think the sandwich and drink is a better option.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
What do people say about Elal's new policy (as of Sept 1) to limit FF points to just 18 months as well as downgrading prior accumulated points to be limited to 18 months (whether the points were for 3 years or were to never expire)?

https://www.elal.com/eng/frequent-flyer/ffp-changes-p5
Old Mar 22, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ELAL Platinum, VS Gold
Originally Posted by hnussbacher
What do people say about Elal's new policy (as of Sept 1) to limit FF points to just 18 months as well as downgrading prior accumulated points to be limited to 18 months (whether the points were for 3 years or were to never expire)?

https://www.elal.com/eng/frequent-flyer/ffp-changes-p5
Hello Virgin Atlantic
Points don't expire and you earn tier points (status) even on flights booked using points.
They're adding a second flight per day LHR-TLV-LHR
and they'll status match.
plus... until the end of the month you can purchase Virgin points with a 70% bonus. this means...
you're buying the points for 0.88 pence
you need 56,000 points for a TLV-LHR return in Upper Class. plus about $450 in taxes. so in total you're paying about $1,000 for a round trip bus flight
momoflyingguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.