FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   EL AL | Matmid (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid-610/)
-   -   Ending of mask wearing requirement for flights to/from TLV on May 23rd (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid/2079628-ending-mask-wearing-requirement-flights-tlv-may-23rd.html)

mikebg May 17, 2022 5:21 am

Ending of mask wearing requirement for flights to/from TLV on May 23rd

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/327686

rafi2k6 May 17, 2022 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by mikebg (Post 34256769)

Happy days!

Now if only the EU would simplify their rules as well, and if Canada would finally fall into line, we'd be in business!

momoflyingguy May 18, 2022 8:23 am

There is talk in the news about possibly removing quarantine even after testing positive. Crazy Idea I think.

awayIgo May 18, 2022 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy (Post 34260238)
There is talk in the news about possibly removing quarantine even after testing positive. Crazy Idea I think.

Beginning 00:00 between this Friday and Saturday there is NO testing. Personally,I wouldn’t mind something before the flight. Although I generally do NOT wear a mask unless forced I’ll probably wear one. I used to always catch someone’s cold,etc. Hopefully it will protect me.

mikebg May 19, 2022 1:03 am

Originally Posted by awayIgo (Post 34261074)
Beginning 00:00 between this Friday and Saturday there is NO testing. Personally,I wouldn’t mind something before the flight. Although I generally do NOT wear a mask unless forced I’ll probably wear one. I used to always catch someone’s cold,etc. Hopefully it will protect me.

Catching someone else's cold will protect you more. That's how the immune system works. Not being exposed at all (for example, by wearing a mask) means that when you DO catch something, even a cold, you will get it far worse.

awayIgo May 19, 2022 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by mikebg (Post 34262509)
Catching someone else's cold will protect you more. That's how the immune system works. Not being exposed at all (for example, by wearing a mask) means that when you DO catch something, even a cold, you will get it far worse.

My immune system is well developed because generally I am not masked. But a plane to Israel, is a unique environment it is the only place I’ve spent 10-12 hours, mere feet from a stranger, hacking away.

Tlvyyz May 19, 2022 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by mikebg (Post 34262509)

​​​​​​​I prefer to consult with doctors and medical researchers for COVID relevant data on the implications of masking (or not) on flights (ie spending many hours in sardine cans with hundreds of people, many of whom are unmasked and some are likely spreaders.) Every doctor I know is masked in such environments, and when I fly, including boarding etc., I mask up. The alternative -- getting sick far from home and possibly infecting others on the flight as well as family upon arrival -- is not particularly appealing.

Dovster May 20, 2022 10:27 am

My daughter -- and more importantly my 8-month-old granddaughter -- are driving up to the Galilee to visit me tomorrow. As always, before I spend any time with my granddaughter I do a rapid test. I just finished one and the results say I am not about to die right away. (At age 76, I don't trust that completely, but at least it won't be from Covid.)

awayIgo May 20, 2022 12:32 pm

Enjoy your time together

momoflyingguy May 23, 2022 1:07 am

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy (Post 34260238)

Originally Posted by awayIgo (Post 34261074)

I was refering to testing in Israel, not after a flight. After flying there is no testing as you said. But When testing in Israel generally is to what I was refering.

simba8 May 25, 2022 9:40 am

flew to YYZ yesterday- they gave out and made everyone wear masks on the flight- i guess there might still be some dependency on destination.

Dovster May 25, 2022 10:32 am

Originally Posted by simba8 (Post 34279268)
flew to YYZ yesterday- they gave out and made everyone wear masks on the flight- i guess there might still be some dependency on destination.

Definitely. If either a country of origin for the flight or the destination country requires masks then you have to wear them.