Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Departing with hand baggage only on LCC from Terminal 1 flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 5:22 am
Original Poster

I know this is the El Al forum but please advise on Easyjet matter. I need some information for my wife, Israeli citizen. Will someone please confirm that if you have a boarding pass and hand luggage only that you can still pass through the hand luggage security check/ check in in Terminal 3 thus avoiding the bus transfer. Is the hand luggage security check/ check in still to the right of the entrance to the main security hall after baggage check in? Also on arrival are electronic passport machines still located at the end of the gate corridors on the entrance to the central rotunda.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:29 pm

There's a special security track for hand-baggage-only passengers in terminal 3. It's located in the middle of the departure hall and is clearly marked with a huge W (between areas B and C). But I have no idea how (if) it's relevant for flights departing from Terminal 1.

And yes, upon arrival you are required to use the passport reading machines at the end of the corridors; you cannot move forward to baggage claim without stopping at one.

Shuly
Old May 8, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
I can't see how you can avoid the bus transfer if the flight is departing from T1. Are they still saying T1 flights must still "check-in/go through security" at T3?
Old May 11, 2022, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear in the earlier post. I remember that pre covid LCC departures from Terminal 1 used to bus their passengers, after check in, to Terminal 3 where they boarded the plane from the jetty. if you only had hand luggage and a boarding pass it was possible to proceed directly to the hand baggage check in Terminal 3 without going through Terminal 1 and the bus transfer. Does anybody know whether this is still true.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:25 pm

I do not know whether this is still true, but this page on the Arkia website (Hebrew) seems to claim it is.
Translation: "passengers with no checked luggage on international flights can arrive directly to the W section in terminal 3 and go through a streamlined security check. All other passengers must arrive to the terminal specified on their reservation." This assumes you check in online and have a printed/mobile boarding pass.
Perhaps it's best to contact the airline and ask.

Shuly
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Wife duly flew to TLV and back by Easyjet with electronic boarding pass. She passed security through the hand luggage counter in Terminal 3 thus avoiding the Terminal 1 check in and bus journey.
flyerby, eugnk and momoflyingguy like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, ELAL Platinum, VS Gold
Just tried it today. I'm on LY but my partner is on EJ. I obviously had no problem but they wouldn't let him through at W and sent him back to T1. They said as of last week all flights checking in at T1 have to go through security over there. - even hand luggage only with a printed boarding pass!
eugnk likes this.

Last edited by Calculated Risk; Jun 26, 2022 at 10:32 am Reason: clarification
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by Calculated Risk
Just tried it today. I'm on LY but my partner is on EJ. I obviously had no problem but they wouldn't let him through at W and sent him back to T1. They said as of last week all flights checking in at T1 have to go through security over there. - even hand luggage only with a printed boarding pass!
Boarding is now from T1
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ELAL Platinum, VS Gold
Originally Posted by Houminer
Boarding is now from T1
Yes. The reason you can’t go to t3 (for a t1 flight) is that the passengers in t1 don’t get bused back to t3 anymore. You get shuttled from t1 directly to the plane.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by Calculated Risk
Yes. The reason you can’t go to t3 (for a t1 flight) is that the passengers in t1 don’t get bused back to t3 anymore. You get shuttled from t1 directly to the plane.
Thanks for the update, that is very useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.