Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Frustrating experience at Dan lounge TLV

Frustrating experience at Dan lounge TLV

Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:13 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to bring in a companion to the Dan lounge using my credit card benefit (I have both status access and the credit card benefit while my companion does not have any access)? Not much to see, but it's usually still more quiet than the outside.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dtbe
Does anyone know if it's possible to bring in a companion to the Dan lounge using my credit card benefit (I have both status access and the credit card benefit while my companion does not have any access)? Not much to see, but it's usually still more quiet than the outside.
It really depends on your credit card. With chase sapphire reserve/priority pass you can bring 2 additional guests. But other cards that give priority pass only give the cardholder access.
dtbe likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Originally Posted by nombody
It really depends on your credit card. With chase sapphire reserve/priority pass you can bring 2 additional guests. But other cards that give priority pass only give the cardholder access.
However Dan lounges have been known to refuse access to credit card holders if they are busy. Sometimes they allow cc access to one lounge only, sometimes to none. However, as stated above - you aren't missing much.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
I try not to use them - if enough people don't use them maybe they will have an incentive to improve?
You don't know Israel very well, I guess...

;-)
davidcamp6 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:14 pm

They denied me entry as *Gold on TAP claiming TAP flights aren't eligible (??) with *Gold from Turkish
salut0 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by cheesedawg
They denied me entry as *Gold on TAP claiming TAP flights aren't eligible (??) with *Gold from Turkish
When I complained to BA about being denied entry before the RJ flight they gave me some miles as compensation, but more importantly I hope someone at BA complained to Dan.

That’s why you should also complain to TK.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
To me, the response to being denied entry to the Dan Lounge is the blessing for deliverance ("gomel"). And receiving points for being denied entry merits a second blessing.

Wife and I returned separately from Israel last month and her Dan experience was even more miserable than mine. One functioning bathroom, which was filthy. At least I had two functioning filthy bathrooms.
salut0 and chessman like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:10 pm

Yes, the whole Dan lounge experience is more than disappointing, and United should sit up and take notice, especially when they are flying at least 3-5 flights daily (soon, with Washington+ Chicago). But one day, when I publish a guide to "cleanest airport bathrooms", TLV will be right up there along with HKG and ZRH. The public lavatories are always sparkling; you don't need to use the dirty ones in the lounge.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: co AA ua
Was there last Friday, beyond mediocre. Barely any seats left. Wifi not usable. Ben Gurion Wifi is better. Airlines should consider giving you a voucher in lieu of lounge use in Ben Gurion.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by dtbe
Do you not like your companion?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: co AA ua
Someone needs at IAA to check why not all Dan lounges are open. There are 4 lounges and only one is open. No room. If they do not open maybe it is time to give it to a new contractor to operate these lounges.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
My guess about why only 1 Dan Lounge is open is staffing-- the same reason we wait multiple hours for check in.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: SPG Gold
United confirms discussions to open United lounge at TLV

https://passportnews.co.il/%D7%91%D7...%D7%9D-%D7%A2/

A United club or Polaris lounge at TLV would really shake things up and at the same time relieve some of the crowding in the Dan lounges.
entropy, salut0 and eugnk like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by nombody
https://passportnews.co.il/%D7%91%D7...%D7%9D-%D7%A2/

A United club or Polaris lounge at TLV would really shake things up and at the same time relieve some of the crowding in the Dan lounges.
Wow, hope this takes off. Would it also put pressure on the other lounges to raise their standards?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
Wow, hope this takes off. Would it also put pressure on the other lounges to raise their standards?
Or maybe it would also encourage OneWorld airlines to get together and open a lounge for their passengers: are there enough AA, BA, CX, IB, RJ, AT, AY flights?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.