Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

A Delicate Question About Arrival Isolation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum

Booking my travel for end of June-mid July this week as soon as my apartment rental is confirmed. Traveling with wife and adult daughter. After covid test, of course it is isolation until results have returned, which I'm told can sometimes even be within 12 hours. How is the government actually monitoring isolation-- random address checks? phone tracking?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by nsoltz
Booking my travel for end of June-mid July this week as soon as my apartment rental is confirmed. Traveling with wife and adult daughter. After covid test, of course it is isolation until results have returned, which I'm told can sometimes even be within 12 hours. How is the government actually monitoring isolation-- random address checks? phone tracking?
Test result or 24 hours, the earlier. Usually it’s less than 12 hours. This scheme is for the vaccinated or recovered only. If you are vaccinated but your vaccination certificate is not recognized in Israel then you’ll need to take an antibody test to prove you have been. I don’t think they actually monitor anyone.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus

Rapid PCR tests at Ben Gurion Airport will soon offer results in 4 hours — report

Channel 12 says optional fast coronavirus tests, just as reliable as regular ones, will cost double the price and allow shorter quarantine for arrivals

By TOI STAFF13 February 2022, 11:46 pm Ben Gurion Airport will soon begin offering fast PCR tests for arrivals with results in just three to four hours, instead of the current 24, Channel 12 news reported Sunday.

The tests are said to be just as reliable as regular coronavirus PCR tests. But with results coming much faster, quarantine would be significantly shorter for those arriving in Israel.

According to the report, the tests will be double the price of a regular PCR test: NIS 160 ($50) instead of NIS 80.
makin'miles and eugnk like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Hope that the rapid option is implemented by June 29 when we arrive!
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA, A3, LY; IHG/IC, Accor
Originally Posted by flyerby
Test result or 24 hours, the earlier. Usually it’s less than 12 hours. This scheme is for the vaccinated or recovered only. If you are vaccinated but your vaccination certificate is not recognized in Israel then you’ll need to take an antibody test to prove you have been. I don’t think they actually monitor anyone.
Monitoring techniques have been changing during the pandemic. Possibly, they are not monitoring up-to-24-hours isolations, and the likelihood will only decrease going forward. But they did monitor isolations in the past, at least. I had several police visits and a few phone calls from police verifying my isolations after returning from abroad throughout these last 2 years.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:38 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
While I had Covid last week and was quarantined at home I would receive a daily SMS from the Israeli Police where I could voluntarily indicate my location (had to enable location the phone) and this way I spare them a physical visit.

Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
I isolated at a friends address whilst waiting for the PCR result, I was tested at 18:59 and had the result at 01:03. This was an arrival on 11/02. I wouldn't worry about isolating, now or in the future. It is the right thing to do and providing the result is negative, no real inconvenience.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:26 am

I flew to IL twice since November with the "24 hours" quarantine, in both cases there was no monitoring whatsoever, in both cases results arrived within about 12 hours however some colleagues who flew closer to the peak of the last wave reported that results have sometimes arrived only 2-3 days later, I haven't heard of any of them being monitored either.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
I flew to IL twice since November with the "24 hours" quarantine, in both cases there was no monitoring whatsoever, in both cases results arrived within about 12 hours however some colleagues who flew closer to the peak of the last wave reported that results have sometimes arrived only 2-3 days later, I haven't heard of any of them being monitored either.
As I’ve said elsewhere. I also came in during the peak and my test took 66 hours! However, the max isolation, unless you test positive is 24 hours. IF they randomly monitor you and you went out in less time with no negative test results, they said they will deny you entry for 5 years!

just do,what you are supposed to!
eugnk likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by awayIgo
As I’ve said elsewhere. I also came in during the peak and my test took 66 hours! However, the max isolation, unless you test positive is 24 hours. IF they randomly monitor you and you went out in less time with no negative test results, they said they will deny you entry for 5 years!

just do,what you are supposed to!
I never said one shouldn't follow the instructions, that being said it's not always very practical if you go for an AirBNB type place or even a hotel room and can't get out to buy some groceries...
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto
I never said one shouldn't follow the instructions, that being said it's not always very practical if you go for an AirBNB type place or even a hotel room and can't get out to buy some groceries...
I went to my apartment that has been closed for,the past two years. Any condiments, even unopened had to be dumped. I brought tuna fish, granola bars and crackers with me. You can also get take out delivered!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

We are renting an apt off Emek Refaim in Jerusalem and the SuperHamoshava grocery delivers as do virtually all restaurants. Hopefully, the test on arrival will no longer be needed in late June when we arrive. So even with following the rules, food is no problem. But we do plan to bring a few items anyway. But in speaking with those who have arrived in Israel recently, there really seemed to be no monitoring of tourists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.