Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Arrival PCR test requirement validity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.

I appreciate that this may not be purely a Matmid issue, however, I thought I would make observers aware of the limitation of the arrival PCR if you are staying in more than one Hotel and the second hotel is more than 72 hours after the "landing PCR".
Initially I had booked in the Dan TLV from 07/07. However, my itinerary changed and I won't be staying there until 10/07. The new booking showed the need to have a PCR test no more than 72 hours prior to check in at the hotel.

My arrival PCR will be about two hours out of date when I get there. Customer service at the Dan explained that this arrivals test would have expired for their purposes, as of a consequence I shall have to take a test on 08/07 as well to be allowed entry to the Hotel.......and of course a further pre-departure test within 72 hours of my return flight.

The Hotel booking I have with a different chain for the Friday make no mention of the need for a PCR within 72 hours. It may be that Hotels are assuming that any stay is the first one the customer will be enjoying since landing.

It may be that this is Hotel policy rather than law, and of course there will be announcements soon as to the requirements post 01/07, but I thought I would remind those here to check the smalll print if this may be their situation.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:50 am
Suspended

so why not delay getting the 1st PCR by just over 2 hrs so you wont need to take the 2nd one? And yes if its gonna be done at BG Id just hang out till 2+ hrs has passed
Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Because I need my serological test asap and be released from quarantine as soon as I can.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by davidcamp6
Because I need my serological test asap and be released from quarantine as soon as I can.
Got ya, but cant you still get the seroloicical @ BG? it may cost more @ BG but you might break even or gain if you dont need to get the 2nd PCR
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:03 am

I am under the impression that until you clear quarantine--ie. Serology test AND negative PCR you are NOT supposed to be traveling around. I do not know if you are EVEN allowed to CHANGE hotels! Quarantine doesn't mean hotel hopping!
Old Jun 17, 2021, 2:35 am
Original Poster

My apologies if I was opaque. it is not my intention to Hotel hop. I understood that one will have a PCR before leaving UK; PCR and serological test upon arrival, Visitors must then quarantine until result of SR test is returned ( and PCR ok), then you send the result to the Health ministry who then ok your ability to leave place of quarantine. So far so good. I was then expecting to go to Jerusalem and then onto TLV. PCR needed within 72 hours of departure from the country ( with all the necessary forms).
What has been added into the equation is that the Dan Hotel Group have said that because I shall be checking in to their property more than 72 hours after my PCR on landing, I shall need another PCR test to check in.
This was not detailed on my initial reservation confirmation, but only communicated to me when I sought to amend my reservation because I decided it is better to quarantine at a colleagues house in case the serological test does not release me from that quarantine.
I am happy to have the extra PCR test, it does not particularly inconvenience me and even if it did the greater good is more important.
I posted to alert travellers to the possibility that if they are changing hotels there may be a requirement for a further PCR test because of Hotel policy. Thats why i indicated that people should read the small print.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:33 am
Original Poster

All appears to be clearer, Israel seems to be going to announce a similar system to the UK one, no quarantine, no SR test, just PCR prior to boarding and upon arrival from certain countries ( I posted the link from the J Post on a more suitable thread). Mods thread can be closed I think, thank you all for your input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.