Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Status in TLV - 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2021, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Lounge Status in TLV - 2021

Does anyone know the lounge status in TLV? Will be travelling on AA in J - is there any open lounge? I have to get to the airport stupidly early to do a covid test there before travelling, so am hoping I have somewhere to pass the time. Thanks and sorry for cluttering the El Al forum, just thought it was the best place to ask.
Old May 21, 2021, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Roboto
Does anyone know the lounge status in TLV? Will be travelling on AA in J - is there any open lounge? I have to get to the airport stupidly early to do a covid test there before travelling, so am hoping I have somewhere to pass the time. Thanks and sorry for cluttering the El Al forum, just thought it was the best place to ask.
Even if the lounge is open (I can't think of a reason why it isn't) how would you get to it without a boarding pass which you will need your covid test to get, and which will require the AA checkin desks to be open which probably won't be the case until T-3 ?
I don't know the timing of your flight, but getting the test done the day before if possible is probably a better option than to hang around TLV for 7+ hours.
Old May 21, 2021, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
Even if the lounge is open (I can't think of a reason why it isn't) how would you get to it without a boarding pass which you will need your covid test to get, and which will require the AA checkin desks to be open which probably won't be the case until T-3 ?
I don't know the timing of your flight, but getting the test done the day before if possible is probably a better option than to hang around TLV for 7+ hours.
I have no checked bags and usually have my boarding pass before getting to the airport. Getting the test the day before is not an option, sadly, as I prefer it to be able to span a couple trips in 72 hours. I can think of a number of reasons why the lounge would be closed, considering it was on my last trip. That was for BA, not sure if they use the same lounge in TLV or not or what's going on any more.

So, if anyone has some actual information to contribute, I would appreciate it very much.
Old May 22, 2021, 1:51 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Due to COVID - even if you OLCI and have no baggage you need to go to the check in counters. (all airlines)
Old May 22, 2021, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Houminer
Due to COVID - even if you OLCI and have no baggage you need to go to the check in counters. (all airlines)
too bad. More Covid nonsense. Any word on lounges?
Old May 22, 2021, 12:34 pm

Lounges

Dan Lounge Concourse C is currently open. Not sure if AA uses them or not. But they are a priority pass lounge as well.
Old May 22, 2021, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pihawkins
Dan Lounge Concourse C is currently open. Not sure if AA uses them or not. But they are a priority pass lounge as well.
Thanks, that any lounges at all are open there is helpful information.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:29 pm

KDL at TLV

With restrictions falling away in Israel - Any updates on the opening of the KDL?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by Pihawkins
With restrictions falling away in Israel - Any updates on the opening of the KDL?
It has been open from the beginning of June.
I was there last week, seems back to normal (minus Spa).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.