Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

EL AL to Delta self transfer allowed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2020, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

While entry into Israel is restricted, can I still self transfer at TLV from EL AL to Delta? Connection time would be about 9 hrs.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
If you are not an Israeli citizen then no - because a self transfer would require you to go thru border control (and even if you are an Israeli citizen - after you enter Israel you must start quarantine and can't leave the country).
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gordo6
If you are not an Israeli citizen then no - because a self transfer would require you to go thru border control (and even if you are an Israeli citizen - after you enter Israel you must start quarantine and can't leave the country).
Even if I don’t have any bags to recheck? No transfer desks in the secure area?
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by B747forever
Even if I don’t have any bags to recheck? No transfer desks in the secure area?
I've never heard of anyone making an international connection at TLV. But here's someone who did this posting about the experience on Tripadvisor - you might find something useful here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi..._District.html
Old Nov 28, 2020, 3:27 am

It's been done many times, and there are several reports on this forum. But I'm quite sure transfer facilities are down since the pandemic started. In which case you'll find it hard not just to transfer, but even to board a flight to Israel. Why don't you check with the airline that operates your incoming flight?

Shuly
Old Nov 28, 2020, 6:42 pm

I doubt you would even be allowed to board the flight tomTLV,
Old Dec 6, 2020, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by B747forever
While entry into Israel is restricted, can I still self transfer at TLV from EL AL to Delta? Connection time would be about 9 hrs.
Unfortunately not, they won't let transfer your bags to Delta. You have leaves from border controls. You go upstairs to ticket counter. You have wait for 3 hours before departed flight from TLV. When ticket counter is open. You are required answer security questions and your bags is screened into CTX machines. Once your bags is clear. You can process to ticket counter. They will checked your bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.