Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:10 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I have the negative PCR test, and the entry statement email from the Israeli government, a vaccine card, am I missing something?
Not according to TIMATIC.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Its after you get your luggage and proceed through customs, you are given wristband to allow you to leave there airport.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
Once given the wristband, is there then any access to any of the shops in the arrivals area to buy some water, nosh, etc? I keep saying that I hope by the end of June when I arrive they will no longer require PCR on arrival.
mnhusker likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:41 pm

On my two trips since November I hardly noticed as I went straight for PCR then out. I do remember queue for ATM and I think the small concession may have been open. As the airport gets busier i am sure the concessions will follow.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
Thanks. I usually use one of the ATM's in baggage claim while awaiting the luggage.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Not according to TIMATIC.
Thank you. Unfortunately ORD Finnair staff just had the old information. What got me a little angry was how adamant they were with their wrong information, and wouldn’t even consider their information was old. I tried to show them that it wasn’t even possible to fill out the green pass for what they were demanding I fill out.

The Israeli government had a page for a green pass, but you couldn’t actually fill it out. So I told them if you can fill this out, I’d be happy to fill it out, and they couldn’t themselves. That’s when she called Israel, and ended up accepting me on the flight.

What’s been so frustrating during this whole time is even when you’re right, you are wrong. I also don’t blame the staff since countries have Essentially turned them into border agents for every singe country, and I don’t expect ticket counter agents to know entrance requirements for every destination they serve. And any mistake and they lose their job. I just wish that the info being provided to them was up to date. It was frustrating, but thankfully I did make it.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:16 am

To a lesser degree the same thing happened to me on 02/11 when checking in with BA at LHR. The staff member said I couldn't check in as I was not an Israeli citizen. A gentleman in the adjacent queue had the same problem.However the staff member rang a supervisor without any prompting and the matter was cleared up and I was allowed to check in.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by nsoltz
Thanks. I usually use one of the ATM's in baggage claim while awaiting the luggage.
I was referring to the ATM's after customs in the arrivals hall, apologies for the lack of clarity in my previous post.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:02 pm

Travel insurance requirement

The current version of the Israel entry form for non-citizens has a checkbox asking one to acknowledge that holding a health insurance policy with coverage for the treatment of COVID is mandatory for entry.

Does anyone know if regular old American health insurance meets this test? Or is it necessary to purchase a separate travel insurance policy? Do border officers check proof of insurance?

Thanks for any information anyone can provide and sorry if this was discussed upthread and I missed it.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by jakezim
The current version of the Israel entry form for non-citizens has a checkbox asking one to acknowledge that holding a health insurance policy with coverage for the treatment of COVID is mandatory for entry.

Does anyone know if regular old American health insurance meets this test? Or is it necessary to purchase a separate travel insurance policy? Do border officers check proof of insurance?

Thanks for any information anyone can provide and sorry if this was discussed upthread and I missed it.
You will have to check with the policy provider that Covid is covered.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:45 am

Some policies cover and others don’t, you need to check with your carrier AND get it in writing, I know it took awhile but a friend, after a few phone calls AND requests to speak with a supervisor was successful, ( my policy does t cover anything out of the US, so I didn’t even try) I purchased through Allianz,
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: UA MM
Can someone kindly help clarify the PCR test requirement pre-flight to Israel?

I've seen some mention that the pre-flight test result must include the passenger's passport number and I've seen it not mentioned. Anyone know the real requirement? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by JimInOhio

I've seen some mention that the pre-flight test result must include the passenger's passport number and I've seen it not mentioned. Anyone know the real requirement? Thanks in advance.
Entry to Israel: non-Israeli Citizens - Corona Traffic Light Model (Ramzor) Website (health.gov.il)

In the fall and winter- they were strict about it. im not sure that it is the same now, as you'll be testing when you land anyways.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio

Yes it has to have passport number not a DIY at home, easy to fraud test. With your passport number the authorities can be satisfied it ids actually you who undertook the private and authorised test.

Last edited by davidcamp6; Mar 23, 2022 at 3:26 pm Reason: spelling mistake
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by simba8
Entry to Israel: non-Israeli Citizens - Corona Traffic Light Model (Ramzor) Website (health.gov.il)

In the fall and winter- they were strict about it. im not sure that it is the same now, as you'll be testing when you land anyways.
That may have been your experience in the Autumn and winter, but BA did check leaving LHR that the PCR was in order. Without a passport number on the PCR you may not be allowed to board.......and quite rightly so.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.