Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Old Jun 23, 20, 1:09 pm

We all saw Bibi talked about potentially opening the border to Greece on August 1st (and vice versa) if # of new cases remain 'under control'.

Any views on the likelihood of this happening?
Old Jun 23, 20, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Right now it looks like Israel would allow Greeks to enter but Greece will not permit Israelis to come in. (This is based on the current low virus rate in Greece and the climbing one in Israel.) Also, the EU is trying to decide on a uniform list of countries from which it will allow entry as that will allow it to re-open borders in the EU. I doubt that Israel will be on the "approved" list if it does not, in turn, allow entry from all EU nations.
Old Jun 23, 20, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster View Post
Right now it looks like Israel would allow Greeks to enter but Greece will not permit Israelis to come in. (This is based on the current low virus rate in Greece and the climbing one in Israel.) Also, the EU is trying to decide on a uniform list of countries from which it will allow entry as that will allow it to re-open borders in the EU. I doubt that Israel will be on the "approved" list if it does not, in turn, allow entry from all EU nations.
If the EU insists on reciprocity, only a handful of countries would be on the EU White List. Asia is not going to allow Europeans in.
Old Jun 28, 20, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
The ban on non-Israeli nationals has been extended to "at least" August 1. I just pulled the plug on a late August trip to TLV.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: