Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elal refunds and credits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2021, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by hnussbacher
Ditto. Flights were Aug 16 & 20 and still no response from them.
Hi - I signed up here because I was looking for information on this. I also had a trip booked in mid-August 2020. I received a call from El Al about 2 months ago, asking what I would like to do - voucher or refund. They proactively called me. I selected refund - since then, nothing has happened. I talked with them on whatsapp a few days ago to ask status - they said it had been "sent for refund" but "hasn't been processed yet" and they can't tell me anything more.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by Roboto
Hi - I signed up here because I was looking for information on this. I also had a trip booked in mid-August 2020. I received a call from El Al about 2 months ago, asking what I would like to do - voucher or refund. They proactively called me. I selected refund - since then, nothing has happened. I talked with them on whatsapp a few days ago to ask status - they said it had been "sent for refund" but "hasn't been processed yet" and they can't tell me anything more.
How does one Whatsapp with El Al? Can you share that phone number? Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Muckus
How does one Whatsapp with El Al? Can you share that phone number? Thanks!
You need to be a "TOP" customer to be able to get an actual person to talk with, otherwise it's just menus. +972-3-977-1111
Old Feb 22, 2021, 11:44 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE)
Any of you got a refund yet?

I am still waiting since requesting my refund in early December and get the same standard reply every time I ask about the status of my refund:

We have confirmed your acceptance of your choice of a refund alternative instead of a voucher alternative worth 125% of the card value. I am pleased to announce that we have begun the refund process for airline tickets to our customers. However, due to the very large load and the fact that the process consists of routine days, the process of handling the refund may be longer than usual. We handle your request and do our best to finish the treatment as quickly as possible. Your flight tickets are in the process of being repaid in the coming weeks. Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by ChrisW.
Any of you got a refund yet?

I am still waiting since requesting my refund in early December and get the same standard reply every time I ask about the status of my refund:
I got a refund for tickets for June 2020 but not my Matmid points returned and my tickets from Aug 2020 have not yet been refunded.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:57 am

For this very reason i am avoiding them at this point of time. In addition to the fact that their customer service is now only via whatsapp
eugnk likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
For this very reason i am avoiding them at this point of time. In addition to the fact that their customer service is now only via whatsapp
Yep. Every single time I select El Al, I get punished for it. I don't know why I keep making the same mistake. I think to myself, oh, it's just a short flight. Oh, I don't want to have to change planes. Punishment every. single. time.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:25 am

Any hope for getting $4,000 refund from El Al for cancelled flight?

My father has $4,000 for two flights that were cancelled in June/2020. They are still giving me the run-around and trying to get me to accept a "125%" voucher which I have not yet accepted, claiming it turns into refunded cash sometime into 2021 if not used.

This story has been repeating over and over for many months.

Is there any way to actually get this refund? Is a chargeback still effective at this point or a waste of time?

They don't fly to Chicago anymore so the voucher isn't very useful.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by johndoe123
Is there any way to actually get this refund? Is a chargeback still effective at this point or a waste of time?
If you are not Israeli and have the ability to do a chargeback, I would absolutely do that without thinking. People here in Israel are being refunded for trips in July 2020 - I wouldn't put it past El Al to be refunding Israelis first and hoping the "rich Americans" just forget about it.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by Roboto
If you are not Israeli and have the ability to do a chargeback, I would absolutely do that without thinking. People here in Israel are being refunded for trips in July 2020 - I wouldn't put it past El Al to be refunding Israelis first and hoping the "rich Americans" just forget about it.
I am in Israel and still awaiting my $5K refund for cancelled flights in August.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by hnussbacher
I am in Israel and still awaiting my $5K refund for cancelled flights in August.
So are we all....like I just said, they are now processing July 2020.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 9:39 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE)
Are they still working on the July 2020 refunds?

I thought Air Malta is the worst (took 12 weeks to get the money back) but the communication (not existing) and time it takes to get the money from El Al back is just insane has been almost 7 months since the cancellation last year and unfortunately for me, my bank does not want to do a chargeback.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by ChrisW.
Are they still working on the July 2020 refunds?
I haven't heard of anyone with an August 2020 reservation getting refunded yet. If someone does hear of that or receives a refund for an August flight, I hope they will update here.
hnussbacher likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:39 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
They didn't have the money to issue refunds.

El Al reaches bailout agreement with Finance Ministry
Many El Al customers, as well as suppliers, have still not received refunds for flights canceled over the past year due to the pandemic and paying them back will be one of the airline’s first orders of business.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I just found the article that I wanted to link earlier:

El Al posts massive half-a-billion-dollar loss in 2020 amid pandemic
El Al’s new CEO Avigal Soreq said the company was implementing an efficiency plan that will see it cutting some 2,000 workers. It is also planning to repay debt to customers for tickets that were not used, and to other lenders, suppliers and craft lessors, by refinancing its loans. The firm owns customers some $238 million for pre-paid and unused tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.