Wiki Posts
Search

Elal refunds and credits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: AA, Hilton
Perhaps chargeback in credit card is a safer solution
Old Sep 3, 2020, 7:55 am

El Al cancelled my r/t JFK-TLV. Flights would have been in April. I charged back (Citi/Mastercard). Long time cardholder, good annual spending. Citi was communicative but clear that they have received a lot of El Al charge backs and b/c El Al is telling them that refunds will be issued EVENTUALLY, Citi cancelled my dispute. When i elevated to dispute supervisor was told to pound sand. Shocked and disappointed in Citi. Now its September and no change in tune from them. Anyone have a similar experience w/ their card issuer on this?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by orvando
El Al cancelled my r/t JFK-TLV. Flights would have been in April. I charged back (Citi/Mastercard). Long time cardholder, good annual spending. Citi was communicative but clear that they have received a lot of El Al charge backs and b/c El Al is telling them that refunds will be issued EVENTUALLY, Citi cancelled my dispute. When i elevated to dispute supervisor was told to pound sand. Shocked and disappointed in Citi. Now its September and no change in tune from them. Anyone have a similar experience w/ their card issuer on this?
Citi would be my issuer. But I have not yet reached out. That's egregious.

My issue is that El Al never even reached out to CANCEL our August flight. Calling our travel agent was the only way we knew/presumed.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 6:49 pm

ElAl did NOT tell me my June flight was cancelled. They did text me to tell me my Sept flight was cancelled ( from two different numbers - one in English and one in Hebrew) They indicated that “ when we return to normal operations we will offer you An alternative for your ticket or monetary refund, per your selection.” They ARE basically closed, despite the special flight to UAE.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Now that Elal has money and is required to refund tickets by Oct 1, I would like to hear if and when any of you get a refund.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
https://en.globes.co.il/en/article-e...hts-1001343451
Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ELAL Platinum, VS Gold
I'm all in favour of 100% refund plus 30 points for matmid members but don't have a clue how they implement the 25% added value to credit vouchers - what happens when you come to redeem it? they give you the change?
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:12 am

Yeah what’s with that credit? If I fly el al one round trip and I have J class seats to begin with, not sure what the incentive is there?
Old Sep 25, 2020, 3:02 am

so...
now we've received the emails from the desk of Gonen. our choice is to gamble on the survivability of the airline over the next 2 years in exchange for a 25% bonus, take the money now and run.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
How does the refund work?

Hello! I am trying to figure out the email I received and the associated link. It is a bit tough to do, even with google translate. Am I correct that if I do nothing I get a refund to my credit card in accordance with the term of my ticket (which was fully flexible)? My understanding is that I only follow the link if I want the credit. Can a Hebrew speaker please confirm this, one way or another? Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Muckus
Hello! I am trying to figure out the email I received and the associated link. It is a bit tough to do, even with google translate. Am I correct that if I do nothing I get a refund to my credit card in accordance with the term of my ticket (which was fully flexible)? My understanding is that I only follow the link if I want the credit. Can a Hebrew speaker please confirm this, one way or another? Thanks!
What link do you have?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calculated Risk
What link do you have?
My Hebrew letter from Gonen came without a link.
Then again my ticket is from June so perhaps they are still handling April + May tickets.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First

This is what I received...

זיכוי כרטיס טיסה עקב טיסה שבוטלה במשבר הקורונה

בחודשים האחרונים חברת אל על מתמודדת עם המשבר הגדול ביותר שפקד את ענף התעופה אי פעם על רקע מגפת הקורונה. הנחיות מדינת ישראל ומדינות אחרות, לצד חרדה לבריאות הציבור, הפסיקו כמעט לגמרי את פעילותנו.
רבים מלקוחותינו מחזיקים בכרטיסי טיסה לטיסות אשר בוטלו בחודשים האחרונים עקב מגפת הקורונה.
אנו מתנצלים בפניך ומודים לך על סבלנותך והבנתך.

בתמורה לכרטיס הטיסה לטיסות שבוטלו, אנו מציעים 2 חלופות אפשריות:

אפשרות ראשונה זיכוי בערך כולל של 125% מעלות כרטיס הטיסה המקורי
במסגרת זו ניתן ליהנות משובר זיכוי גמיש בחברת אל על לכל יעד, לכל טיסה וזאת עד לניצולו המלא של הזיכוי. הזיכוי ניתן להעברה ו/או ניצול לכל נוסע אחר לפי בחירתך ויהיה בתוקף לרכישת כרטיסים ושירותים נלווים עד 31.12.21 לטיסות הממריאות עד 30.11.22.
שובר הזיכוי ישמש כסוג של כרטיס אשראי בעת רכישה באל על דרך האתר, מוקד השירות או סוכני הנסיעות, ניתן לממש עד שני אמצעי תשלום ברכישה אחת (שובר וכרטיס אשראי או שני שוברים).
בנוסף, במידה ולא ניצלת את הזיכוי עד לתאריך 31.12.21 תוכל לשוב ולהמיר את השווי המקורי שלו להחזר כספי (ללא תוספת 25% מתנה).

אפשרות שנייה - החזר כספי, בכפוף לתנאי הכרטיס המשולם
במסגרת זו תקבל החזר מלא על שווי הכרטיס והשירותים הנלווים שנרכשו ולא תיהנה מבונוס כספי. אולם, כהוקרת תודה על סבלנותך, נעניק לך 30 נקודות נוסע מתמיד במתנה אשר יעודכנו בחשבונך עם ביצוע ההחזר הכספי. במידה ואין לך חשבון נוסע מתמיד, תוכל LINK (https://app.elal.co.il/clubs/registration...) או לבחור להעביר את הנקודות לנוסע מתמיד אחר. ניתן לבקש החזר כספי גם ללא מתנת 30 הנקודות.
החברה החלה בתהליך הדרגתי של ביצוע החזרים כספיים ללקוחותיה בהתאם למועד הטיסה שבוטלה. לאור המצב וריבוי הפניות, פרק הזמן עד להשלמת הטיפול בהחזר עשוי להימשך מספר שבועות. אנחנו עושים את מירב המאמצים לבצע את ההחזר במועד המוקדם האפשרי.

LINK: https://www.elal.com/he/PassengersIn...editSteps.aspx

LINK: https://www.elal.com/SiteCollectionD...-Policy-HE.pdf
hnussbacher likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:54 am

Its all Greek, eh, Hebrew, to me...
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:27 am

Main Points:

In exchange for the flight ticket for canceled flights, we offer 2 possible alternatives:

First option Credit of a total value of 125% of the cost of the original flight ticket
In this framework, you can enjoy a flexible credit voucher with El Al for each destination, for each flight, until the full utilization of the credit. The credit can be transferred and / or used to any other passenger of your choice and will be valid for the purchase of tickets and ancillary services until 31.12.21 for flights departing until 30.11.22.
The credit voucher will be used as a type of credit card when purchasing at El Al through the website, service center or travel agents, up to two means of payment can be redeemed in one purchase (voucher and credit card or two vouchers).
In addition, if you have not used the credit until 31.12.21, you can convert its original value back into a refund (without the addition of a 25% gift).

Second option - a refund, subject to the terms of the card paid
As part of this, you will receive a full refund for the value of the card and related services purchased and you will not enjoy a cash bonus. However, as a token of gratitude for your patience, we will give you 30 frequent flyer points as a gift which will be updated in your account upon making the refund. If you do not have a frequent flyer account, you can LINK (https: //app.elal.co.il/clubs/registration ...) or choose to transfer the points to another frequent flyer. You can request a refund even without the gift of 30 points.
The company has begun a gradual process of making refunds to its customers depending on the date of the canceled flight. Due to the situation and the large number of referrals, the period of time until the completion of the reimbursement treatment may take several weeks. We make every effort to make the refund as early as possible.

Google Translate works wonders

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.