Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

What to expect at Ben Gurion Airport now?

Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold

Does anyone have recent experience for departures at Ben Gurion airport in last few days? While i would expect the airport is near empty and checkin should be a breeze, we heard of people taking 4 hours+ to get through checkin, security, passport control and to the gate. And these were jewish yeshiva/sem kids so not someone with a high risk security profile either.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:06 pm

I flew out of TLV on LY001 at 00:30, on 18/3. I went through the airport late the night before. I also got VAT refund, Iwent from the cab dropping me off to the departure lounge in 1 hour. I DO fly business so my check in line was short. But the screening of carryon luggage- no special business line, There was no one working immigration.You had to use the machines, The business lounge was closed. Except for one stand with expensive water and junk food EVERYTHING else was closed!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.