Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

COVID-19 impact on EL AL and Israel routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-19 impact on EL AL and Israel routes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2020, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by 2035
BA is already flying to TLV. Whether foreigners (espeically Brits) will be allowed in is another question. Personally I doubt it will be open to Brits, they are dragging feet over first few countries such as Cyprus, Greece and Seychelles...
No, they operate cargo only flights. They intended to resume passenger flights earlier this month, but retracted that plan when the Israeli government extended the foreign ban and the quarantine requirements.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Although Israel is the third safest country for Covid in the world ( according to Forbes), the reality is that many governments are now factoring opening up their economies with an "acceptable" loss of life. The extent of the spread of Covid in the UK is enough for any other country to pause before allowing us to travel to them, however, the economic reality will probably outweigh all other factors sooner rather than later.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
... the reality is that many governments are now factoring opening up their economies with an "acceptable" loss of life.
Opening the economy is not the same as allowing foreigners to enter the country. Most, if not all countries, still have severe restrictions on who can enter from abroad. New Zealand, which has beaten COVID-19, still subjects those arriving from abroad to isolation and quarantine.

New Zealand drops Covid-19 restrictions after nation declared 'virus-free'
Strict border controls will remain in place for New Zealand, with Ardern warning that she had no timeline for removing them as they were, she said, the country’s best line of defence. Only New Zealanders and their immediate families can enter the country currently, and must spend 14 days in government-run quarantine.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Israel is reopening to Greece on August 1st. Wonder how many others will be added to this?

I was concerned Israel was going to be another Australia/NZ of shut down forever but seems maybe things are looking up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.