Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

COVID-19 impact on EL AL and Israel routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-19 impact on EL AL and Israel routes

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
wondering how they handle security for these flights. Bring agents with them to conduct the interviews? Assume since pax are Israeli it's not necessary?
Old May 6, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
wondering how they handle security for these flights. Bring agents with them to conduct the interviews? Assume since pax are Israeli it's not necessary?
Good question
1. Not sure it’s a pax flight , might be cargo - which would also need security .
2. Even if it is pax - Israeli also need security checks . Mostly to check they haven’t been planted with a weapon
Old May 7, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by ly787
Good question
1. Not sure it’s a pax flight , might be cargo - which would also need security .
2. Even if it is pax - Israeli also need security checks . Mostly to check they haven’t been planted with a weapon
Yah I was thinking the repatriation flights.
Old May 8, 2020, 5:52 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Yah I was thinking the repatriation flights.
Even for repatriation flights, security screening wouldn’t be relaxed. From my experience even when the same screeners see someone every single month, they don’t skimp.
Old May 10, 2020, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Old May 11, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by awayIgo
Interesting regarding acceptance of Covid 19,remains. Newark airport would NOT handle my brother’s remains. (on April 19). A flight left that day, but he had to fly on a private aircraft,
Sorry for your loss. I have heard that a number of people have performed temporary burials in the USA until such time that Elal once again carries human bodies for burial in Israel.
Old May 11, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by Dovster
I read somewhere that in Israel people over the age of 67 are not allowed to leave their homes. Actually, I have driven about 30 kilometers to Kiryat Shemona on several occasions and plan to do so again tomorrow. Does anyone here know anything about this?
Not true. People over age 67 are allowed to leave their homes.
Old May 11, 2020, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by hnussbacher
Sorry for your loss. I have heard that a number of people have performed temporary burials in the USA until such time that Elal once again carries human bodies for burial in Israel.

Thank you. Yes there are people who have had temporary burials. It’s very hard. When the permanent burial is done, mourners must sit shiva for a day and tear kriayah a second time.
Old May 12, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold
https://en.globes.co.il/en/article-b...ees-1001328265

Terminal 1 closed for foreseeable future. Low cost airines will have to pay higher terminal 3 landing and baggage fees.

IAA will not give a discount on landing fees to airlines due to the situation, unlike other airport authorities around the world.
Old May 15, 2020, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ly787
and now it’s SDQ
Santo Domingo in the D.R.

And today as well

Old May 15, 2020, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Plus.....

And a few in the air now

Old May 26, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: SPG Gold
El Al restarting limited flights

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/N...ws.aspx/280842

Weekly flights to NYC and LAX, plus maybe London and Paris
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

TLV-EZE: 16:30 hours in the air

ly787 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
That very well might be a charter for mashgichim and shochtim. I noticed an article that there were 98 rabbis headed to Argentina for kashrut supervision of meat to be exported to Israel.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by nsoltz
That very well might be a charter for mashgichim and shochtim. I noticed an article that there were 98 rabbis headed to Argentina for kashrut supervision of meat to be exported to Israel.
Cant imagine how much the meat will cost when you factor this in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.