Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Inaccurate luggage allowance information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

As a Gold Matmid, flying business I KNOW I get 3 pieces of luggage. In fact I posted the chart on FlyerTalk for someone,

I just checked in for my flight tomorrow. It says 2 pieces and this includes the Matmid extra. So, I call ElAl and she finally comes back with the comment that the check in data doesn’t take business into account!🙄. Unfortunately, I did not notice if it said 2x 32 or 2x23!

I never before saw luggage amounts on the check in. It would seem to me it is a lot less expensive And more efficient for them to have accurate information on the checkin form than it is for them to transfer my call to Israel and have me spend 5 minutes with a live agent!
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Things get even worse if you are connecting from a JetBlue flight
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Houminer
Things get even worse if you are connecting from a JetBlue flight

Thank goodness I live not far from JFK, so no connecting.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by awayIgo
As a Gold Matmid, flying business I KNOW I get 3 pieces of luggage. In fact I posted the chart on FlyerTalk for someone,

I just checked in for my flight tomorrow. It says 2 pieces and this includes the Matmid extra. So, I call ElAl and she finally comes back with the comment that the check in data doesn’t take business into account!��. Unfortunately, I did not notice if it said 2x 32 or 2x23!

I never before saw luggage amounts on the check in. It would seem to me it is a lot less expensive And more efficient for them to have accurate information on the checkin form than it is for them to transfer my call to Israel and have me spend 5 minutes with a live agent!
I run into this all the time when flying on a OW or SA carrier other then my main one (AA.UA), where it usually shows as 1 bag @ 23K, instead of 2 @ 32K

Last edited by yosithezet; Dec 29, 2019 at 8:20 pm Reason: fixed markup

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.