Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

ElAl introduce ElAl Space - seating with extra legroom...

Old Dec 25, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum

And if you think that sounds familiar that's because it's basically a new name for Economy plus and preferred seats (including exits), except more of them will be offered, and will be included in the entire fleet, so on the 737s, 777s, 787s.

The seats will offer 33"-34" of legroom compared to the normal 31" and that's about it.

All aircraft will have seats removed, but the biggest change will be with the 787s where around 175 regular economy seats have been removed from the fleet, in order to make space for the "Space" seats.

The Space seats locations will be as follows:
737 - rows 21,22, and 35 offering 33" of legroom
777 - rows 21,22,23, and 35 offering 34" of legroom
787 - rows 21,27, and 35 offering 34" of legroom

Prices (bookable for flights as of march 29th) start at $39 one way to LCA, ATH, OTP and SOF ($25 for classic ticket holders) $59 to the rest of Europe ($45 for Classic) and $99 to the US, Canada, Asia, and SA ($85 for Classic).
This are probably launch prices as ElAl they say are valid until June 30th, so it remains to be seen whether these prices stick or change,.

Status passengers (GL,PL,TP), Passengers purchasing a "Flexi" ticket, and FlyCard Premium holders will be seated in these seats free of charge, with the latter being offer these once the flight closes depending on availability.

https://www.elal.com/en/PassengersIn...ace-Seats.aspx
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
All aircraft will have seats removed, but the biggest change will be with the 787s where around 175 regular economy seats have been removed from the fleet, in order to make space for the "Space" seats.

The Space seats locations will be as follows:
787 - rows 21,27, and 35 offering 34" of legroom
Let's see if I get the maths right:

They have increased space by three inches per seat, and there are three rows that offer the extra three inches, and there's nine seats in each row. 3x3x9=81 inches. That's less than the space that three regular seats occupy (93 inches). So, in order to make room for the space seats, they have to remove three regular seats from each plane.

If they have removed 175 regular seats, it means that they have a fleet of around 60 787s, right?

There's something fishy here ...
Old Dec 25, 2019, 11:33 pm

Hi All,
The Numbers for the 787 are all wrong.
each 787-9 aircraft will have 2 y/c rows removed... that's 18 seats. the space will be used to add one row of premium class and spacing rows 21- 27, also row 35 (exit) is considered as space seats row
regarding the 777 their Y plus section will be used as Y space , more space seats will be available once they will go through the cabin retrofit.

Mukmuky

Last edited by mukmuky; Dec 26, 2019 at 12:48 am
Old Dec 26, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
FYI, 33 inches was the regular legroom on LY 763s
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by RedChili

There's something fishy here ...
Indeed! I should know better by now than to trust an Israeli news source...
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LY777
FYI, 33 inches was the regular legroom on LY 763s
Yes, and I'm pretty sure 34" was standard on the 747s at the time.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:51 am

more better seats for free for frequent travels.
less to pay (when compare to Y plus ) for non status pax.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Premium Economy stays at 38"?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hnussbacher
Premium Economy stays at 38"?
Space seats have nothing to do with Premium Economy.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:20 pm

Recently got these seats (787-900 row 21 DFG) and they certainly make a long-haul in economy much more palatable. You have plenty of leg room and nobody shoving their seat backs into your face which makes the standard economy seats highly cramped and hard to get up out of. The only problem is the very rude people who think the bit of extra legroom is for public access between the two aisles (note that the galley cross-over is just 10 feet forward). Even with backpacks on the ground and legs out, there were issues with this. My wife's foot got stepped on once while she was sleeping. EL AL should provide some kind of rope that goes from the bulkhead to the outside armrests to make it clear to people not to try and walk across peoples' stuff and legs. If I was flying this airline again, I'd bring my own rope and some tape!
Tlvyyz likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.