Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Any chance for a TLV-TPE flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, AC

I'm currently in Taiwan (amazing food btw, but I digress!) and was randomly thinking - why are there no nonstops between Israel and here?

It would seem like a decent route choice - both Israel and Taiwan are prosperous, tech-heavy countries with lots of trade. Does anyone know if LY or another airline has looked into this at all? There are obviously nonstops between TLV and HKG, but I think Taiwan actually has more of a tech presence than Hong Kong, which afaik is mostly finance.

Thoughts? Is this a crazy idea?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
There may be a tech presence but is there enough traffic in both classes to justify a regular frequency? There is in SFO, as a lot of techs there have subsidiaries and outposts in Israel [ and btw, probably not enough to support LY and UA, and UA will win that one..], is that true in TPE too?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by entropy
There may be a tech presence but is there enough traffic in both classes to justify a regular frequency? There is in SFO, as a lot of techs there have subsidiaries and outposts in Israel [ and btw, probably not enough to support LY and UA, and UA will win that one..], is that true in TPE too?
Good question, and to be truthful, I have absolutely no idea.

For what it's worth, I did overhear several Hebrew conversations during my time in Taipei. Just a data point
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Seems unlikely, as China would likely make a political fuss about it.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
TPE is easily reachable from HKG. I don’t see this happen...
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nombody
Seems unlikely, as China would likely make a political fuss about it.
This makes no sense. There are numerous flights by both Chinese and Taiwanese airlines between the two countries, not to mention many global airlines that fly to both places.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 2:16 pm

You never know since the 787 has long range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.