Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Help me get away over sukkot on the cheap

Old Sep 19, 19, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Hi all.
I have been gone from the forum ages, haven't flown in years, but I am trying to fly with grown children over very specific dates during Sukkot., ideally to a capital, not a sea and sun vacation. Depressed at high prices and big fees for added bags, short transit times, long, overnight layovers, on airlines I have never heard of.

Amsterdam,London, Vienna are the top choices, but have checked out Rome, Brussels, Dublin, Portugal etc

Main question: Will ticket prices go down between now and 14-15 October (our only possible dates) for a 4-5 day jaunt?
Are there other destinations we should consider?
What are your favorite websites for checking?

Many thanks!!
Old Sep 19, 19, 5:53 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Sort of off topic for this forum, but here are a few suggestions. The main issue is the days you are willing to depart. If you can be more flexible about the dates there are plenty of cheap flights in October
You can try kayak.com/buzz to see where can you fly to for a certain budget in a certain month or on specific days.
See for example: https://www.kayak.com/explore/TLV-an...020?budget=360

And then see this example which is more flexible about departure dates https://www.kayak.com/explore/TLV-an...ationrange=1,7
haniboo likes this.
Old Sep 19, 19, 5:58 am

I have no idea whether prices will go up or down (left my crystal ball in the office), but I would check:
  • SkyScanner. It's a web-based meta search engine, and it has a cool feature that lets you specify dates but not destination (so you can search for TLV-Anywhere)
  • Hulyo. It's an app that lists last minute deals to various destinations. But deals will begin to appear only around one week before departure date, and there's no guarantee there will be anything for your dates.
Shuly
haniboo likes this.

Search this Thread