Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

El Al to increase seat density on 777-200 in Economy

El Al to increase seat density on 777-200 in Economy

Old Aug 28, 19, 10:23 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Zichron Yakov, Israel
Programs: SPG Gold
Posts: 588
El Al to increase seat density on 777-200 in Economy

https://simpleflying.com/el-al-boeing-777-seating/

They are considering lowering the seat pitch from 33 to 31 inches and/or putting in a 10th seat in most rows.
Also the first class section will disappear as they upgrade business class cabin to match what they have on the dreamliners.
nombody is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 12:24 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: TLV/LHR
Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 12,893
clubman is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 1:22 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Programs: *A
Posts: 1,309
Always disappointing, but I'm pretty sure 10 across is just about industry standard now.
sds1493 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 1:29 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Posts: 1,486
Originally Posted by sds1493 View Post
Always disappointing, but I'm pretty sure 10 across is just about industry standard now.
It will be as cramped as the 787. OTOH we will have the option of PE
Houminer is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 8:45 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Paris, France
Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 2,198
Originally Posted by Houminer View Post
It will be as cramped as the 787. OTOH we will have the option of PE
PE is an option but not everybody can afford it
LY777 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 8:46 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Paris, France
Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 2,198
Originally Posted by nombody View Post
https://simpleflying.com/el-al-boeing-777-seating/

They are considering lowering the seat pitch from 33 to 31 inches and/or putting in a 10th seat in most rows.
Also the first class section will disappear as they upgrade business class cabin to match what they have on the dreamliners.
when will the refurbishment start?
LY777 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 10:52 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: HaMerkaz/Exit 145
Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Posts: 13,078
Originally Posted by LY777 View Post


PE is an option but not everybody can afford it
And especially not on LY where PE prices rival biz fares on major European carriers
joshwex90 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 9:45 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Posts: 1,024
Originally Posted by LY777 View Post



when will the refurbishment start?
first 777 scheduled next month
new business class seats from Collins aerospace ( ex b/e aerospace)
ly787 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 9:45 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Posts: 1,486
Originally Posted by ly787 View Post
first 777 scheduled next month
new business class seats from Collins aerospace ( ex b/e aerospace)
Is this the same as the 787’s?
Houminer is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:05 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Posts: 1,024
Originally Posted by Houminer View Post
Is this the same as the 787’s?
No
787 are Recaro
should be a better seat also because the aircraft is wider.
total seat count goes up around 313 from 279.
ly787 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:39 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Posts: 1,024
Btw - is it possible to change the name of this thread to make it a more general 777 reconfiguration thread?
or should we open a new one ? There is also another thread called
“First upgraded 777?”
Maybe they can be consolidated

Last edited by ly787; Jan 15, 20 at 10:44 am
ly787 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 11:06 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 22KM from TLV airport Terminal 3
Programs: LY Gold; BA Silver;
Posts: 2,121
Originally Posted by ly787 View Post
No
787 are Recaro
should be a better seat also because the aircraft is wider.
total seat count goes up around 313 from 279.
Do you know how many seats there will be in each class?
gordo6 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 2:30 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Paris, France
Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 2,198
ly787, which is the first a/c to get the new seats?

Also, does the Y section go 3-4-3?
LY777 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 2:32 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Paris, France
Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 2,198
Originally Posted by ly787 View Post
EDA just came out of C check with new configuration
32J35W204Y
What was the previous config?
what has changed ?
LY777 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 3:15 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Posts: 1,024
Originally Posted by LY777 View Post
ly787, which is the first a/c to get the new seats?

Also, does the Y section go 3-4-3?
yeah
10 across
In total there will be about over 30 seats more
ly787 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: