Liquid situation at TLV?

Old Jul 13, 19, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Avis Chairman, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Liquid situation at TLV?

One of the things I used to enjoy about TLV is they didn't care about liquids. I used to bring bottles of Israeli wine or Olive oil through security as gifts when flying abroad . Have they changed this recently? Flying later in the week .
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:56 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
You can take as many bottles as you want. The only exception is flights to the US.
Old Jul 13, 19, 3:17 am

In general they haven't, but apparently if you get a 'low' security score you're not allowed any liquids at all, never happened to me so strictly based on reports of friends/colleagues/other FTers...
Old Jul 13, 19, 4:09 pm

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
I have never understood with liquids are allowed at TLV. Thatís a very good thing but why only in TLV?
Old Jul 13, 19, 11:09 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Originally Posted by LY777 View Post
I have never understood with liquids are allowed at TLV. ... but why only in TLV?
Because Israel is the only place in the world in which security screening mainly relies on personal face-to-face interrogation.
Old Jul 14, 19, 3:56 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
And know the secret that you canít bomb an airplane with shampoo
Old Jul 14, 19, 4:02 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by flyerby View Post

Because Israel is the only place in the world in which security screening mainly relies on personal face-to-face interrogation.
Originally Posted by Houminer View Post
the liquid ban is ridulous IMO
Old Jul 15, 19, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC; Matmid
Its ok if you are taking a direct flight, if you are on an indirect flight via, say LHR, you won't be able to take them own your onward journey. I know I am stating the obvious, but worth remembering.
Old Jul 15, 19, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Even for flights to US, it's not really so hard to get the liquids on the plane if you wanted to...
Houminer likes this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 3:40 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz Five Star Gold
Originally Posted by Houminer View Post
In all sincerity: The Israeli perspective on security is personal and subjective; not general and objective.
Not that its done so as to comply with all the hissy-fitters out there, but the Israeli doctrine maintains that a person with a gun/bomb/knife/explosive is only a threat if s/he is determined to be of mind to use it. Thus, they don't look for the objects (they do in practicality, but I am talking about the doctrine), they look for the people. Grandma with a wheelchair is pretty automatically not a threat - though they will treat her as a threat if they sense she was in the presence of people who would be a threat. The Israeli doctrine primarily looks for the bomber or the bomber's unknowing accomplice. The bomb is secondary. Everywhere else in the world, its pretty much the opposite.

Search this Thread