Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New parking arrangements at TLV terminal 3

New parking arrangements at TLV terminal 3

Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by mikebg
I have found another company, who look promising. https://www.vallep.com
Thanks for that. Now let's hope they actually last...

They seem a little more expensive than ValetPort were, and have a minimum 250 shekel charge, but you get a free day when you first register which is nice.

Also note that unlike ValetPort they don't park the cars within the airport grounds (they say 3 km away...).

In any case I would recommend anyone using these type of services you make sure you have a camera installed in the car.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by clubman
Thanks for that. Now let's hope they actually last...

They seem a little more expensive than ValetPort were, and have a minimum 250 shekel charge
Having said that, ValetPort had a 100 shekel service charge while these guys just seems to charge a flat 50 shekels a day, so fo the minimum 250 charge, you get 5 days parking while with ValetPort that would have cost you 300...
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
I am also trying out Vallep. Yes, only available on Google Play store Israel registration - but I will gladly email the app to any Android users who PM me.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Yes, only available on Google Play store Israel registration
Just to clarify, it's available in the App store as well.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hnussbacher
What would be the walking time to T3 from lot 26?
According to Google maps its a 13 minute walk, 1.1km - https://goo.gl/maps/7FQXeWfjzQmvxGpx7
That is probably the only saving grace of Lot 26. But you have to walk from the Bus Parking lot by Terminal 3, and I don't know if there are sidewalks the whole way, but it is not a busy road so I don't think it would be dangerous.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:30 am

If your play store account is registered in "israel".
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
(In referring to App Store, we are obviously refering to the iOS (Apple) one)

It is only available in the Israeli App Store. If you don't have an Israeli App Store account, you can add a new App Store account without losing the old one. However, you will need to register some credit card to the new account even though you are going to download a free app. After switching to the Israeli ApP Store and downloading and installing the app, you can then switch back to your "regular" App Store. Note though that you will not then get automatic updates to the app. Their tech support told me that if a new version is released they will pop up a notification from within the app, and then you will need to switch App Stores again to update.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Bad news.
Valetport have ceased operations.
So there is basically no sensible option any more for parking over 24 hours at the airport.
If they have ceased operations why do they still appear on the official IAA site here:
http://www.iaa.gov.il/en-US/airports...s/default.aspx
new-lp | Valetport
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Does anyone have any recent experience with any of the valet options (I'm aware of 4 - ValetPort, ValleP, Tasim33 (Kfar Truman), and FlyPark).

I had heard FlyPark was banned from the airport, but several recent posts on Facebook highly recommended them.

Short-term parking seems like not an option (and anyways expensive), and the long-term lots are annoying with the shuttle (and dropping off wife/kid with bags, then heading to park, then shuttling back is a recipe for disaster).
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Short-term parking seems like not an option (and anyways expensive), and the long-term lots are annoying with the shuttle (and dropping off wife/kid with bags, then heading to park, then shuttling back is a recipe for disaster).
Lot26 might not be so bad after all since it seems to be within reasonable walking distance from the Terminal. According to Google maps its a 13 minute walk, 1.1km - https://goo.gl/maps/7FQXeWfjzQmvxGpx7
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Does anyone have any recent experience with any of the valet options (I'm aware of 4 - ValetPort, ValleP, Tasim33 (Kfar Truman), and FlyPark).
I tried to book with ValetPort (owned by Laufer and supposedly able to park vehicles within the airport): They told me thay had ceased operations.
I booked ValleP this morning after setting up the App. Everything went very smoothly. I hope it works as well on my return. BTW. they charge 35 sheqel for an exterior car wash, which is quite reasonable IMHO.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by nombody
Lot26 might not be so bad after all since it seems to be within reasonable walking distance from the Terminal. According to Google maps its a 13 minute walk, 1.1km - https://goo.gl/maps/7FQXeWfjzQmvxGpx7
I wouldn't recommend it. I doubt there's a sidewalk, so you'll be walking on the road (admittedly, not extremely high traffic, but still); it may be extremely hot during the day, and suicidal after dark; and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you'd be stopped by airport security half way to the terminal. They will be curious.

Shuly
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:35 pm

I dropped off my car with Valleyp this morning early - went very smoothly. He photographed the car for damage before driving off
hnussbacher likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I tried to book with ValetPort (owned by Laufer and supposedly able to park vehicles within the airport): They told me thay had ceased operations.
I booked ValleP this morning after setting up the App. Everything went very smoothly. I hope it works as well on my return. BTW. they charge 35 sheqel for an exterior car wash, which is quite reasonable IMHO.
Is the 35 shek carwash an optional extra or mandatory?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the 35 shek carwash an optional extra or mandatory?
Why would it be mandatory?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.