Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New parking arrangements at TLV terminal 3

New parking arrangements at TLV terminal 3

Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by nombody
I had read previously somewhere that Lot 26 had an unpaved section that was free parking. Is that still the case?
This is in Hebrew but shows details about lot #26 :
https://umanshalom.co.il/tourist-inf...9%D7%A0%D7%9D/
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hnussbacher
This is in Hebrew but shows details about lot #26 :
I know but that article is from a year ago, so I was wondering if anyone has updated info about Lot 26 if they still have the free unpaved section?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I have started looking at other options.

http://www.valetport.co.il seem OK. They are owned by Laufer, and approved by the airport authority. The cars are stored on airport property. For 3 days+ they would be cheaper than the pardes/kerem car parks until the recent change. I will try them for my next trip and report back.
hnussbacher likes this.

Last edited by mikebg; Jul 4, 2019 at 8:14 am
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:32 pm

I know but that article is from a year ago, so I was wondering if anyone has updated info about Lot 26 if they still have the free unpaved section?
UPDATE: I was at TLV last night dropping someone off so afterwards I drove over to lot 26, and it appears to be all paved now and the entire lot seems to be a pay lot at 40 shekels per day for long term parking. Did not see any shuttle buses around , so I would add extra time to use this lot.
hnussbacher likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
UPDATE: I was at TLV last night dropping someone off so afterwards I drove over to lot 26, and it appears to be all paved now and the entire lot seems to be a pay lot at 40 shekels per day for long term parking. Did not see any shuttle buses around , so I would add extra time to use this lot.
What would be the walking time to T3 from lot 26?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:39 am

How does one get to lot 26? The horrible IAA website does not have a terminal map.

Last edited by BATLV; Jul 2, 2019 at 2:40 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by BATLV
How does one get to lot 26? The horrible IAA website does not have a terminal map.
The detailed directions are in the Hebrew article I posted:
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by BATLV
There is good signage to Lot 26 - Its the Western operation area. There are signs for Lot 26 , 27, 28, 39, 30. Only lot 26 is open to the public it looks like. I drove there last night to see it, there are available spaces and it is somewhat closer to Terminal 3 than the regular long term parking, but I did not see any shuttle buses pass by in the 5-10 minutes I was there, so I think it will not be so convenient to get to the terminals from Lot 26. And the price is the same as the regular long term parking.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
UPDATE:

Last night I returned to TLV. The experience of "Car Park 26" on return was FAR worse than on arrival.

I had a good deal of luggage, including a box with legs for an electronic keyboard. To get to the bus to the car park you need to go all the way to the end of the arrivals hall (left hand end if you are facing the terminal) and out of a narrow door. This door is only just wide enough to take a baggage trolley with large suitcases on it. I had to take the box off the trolley and squeeze through the door. Next was the interminable wait for the bus, which of course didn't park in its designated place, nor did its electronic destination indicator say it was going to Car Park 26. It just said "Empty journey"!

When I originally parked my car I thought I was lucky and found a spot quite near the bus stop (area 4). But on my return the bus stopped a considerable distance away, near area 8. Of course, there are no baggage trolleys at the car park, so I had to take my stuff bit by bit from area 8 to area 4. Not a pleasant task, and I dread to think what it would have been like if it had been raining. It was bad enough in the humid heat.

Next I had to pay. Of course, in true Israeli style, the pay points are nowhere near the bus stops ... how intelligent.

In short, an extremely unpleasant experience which I hope I shall never have to repeat.
BATLV likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Ouch. Sounds dreadful! .
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikebg
I have started looking at other options.

ValetPort - ????? ????? seem OK. They are owned by Laufer, and approved by the airport authority. The cars are stored on airport property. For 3 days+ they would be cheaper than the pardes/kerem car parks until the recent change. I will try them for my next trip and report back.
Bad news.
Valetport have ceased operations.
So there is basically no sensible option any more for parking over 24 hours at the airport.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:56 am
Original Poster

I have found another company, who look promising. https://www.vallep.com (ValleP). You need to download an app (ValleP) which is only available on the Israeli AppStore (not sure about whether this is the case for the Android version as well). That seemed to be a bit of a problem for me, but I found that as I have an Israeli address and credit card it could be set up in a few minutes, and once loaded it was possible to move back to my regular UK AppStore.

I expect to be using them this following Sunday, and I will report back here as to how it all went.

Last edited by mikebg; Jul 8, 2019 at 9:40 am
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
The valeP website link you posed is not there. It sounds like it is the same company referred to above.

Usually, I take the train, but now the train is not running from Thursday midnight....

So is lot 26 better than long term or not ?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sabbasolo
The valeP website link you posed is not there. It sounds like it is the same company referred to above.
Sorry. It should be Vallep, not Valep. I have fixed that. It is definitely not the same people as Valetport.

So is lot 26 better than long term or not ?
Not having used the regular long term parking I can't say, as I used to park opposite the terminal in Kerem. However, my report above about lot 26 was not exactly positive ...

Usually, I take the train, but now the train is not running from Thursday midnight....
I would love to take the train ... but the first train from Jerusalem is too late for my outbound flights and the last train from the airport is too early for my return flights ...

Last edited by mikebg; Jul 8, 2019 at 9:45 am
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by mikebg
Sorry. It should be Vallep, not Valep. I have fixed that. It is definitely not the same people as Valetport.

Not having used the regular long term parking I can't say, as I used to park opposite the terminal in Kerem. However, my report above about lot 26 was not exactly positive ...

I would love to take the train ... but the first train from Jerusalem is too late for my outbound flights and the last train from the airport is too early for my return flights ...
The bus is fairly convenient. For those middle of the night journeys, it shouldn't take much longer than the train (considering the train takes ten minutes or so to get down to).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.