Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal 1 questions

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Terminal 1 questions

I'm flying out of TLV terminal 1 for the 1st time in 5 years (Sundor one size fits all) and would appreciate some guidance.
1) Any expedited security or boarding lines for El Al PLs or GLs?
2) For a 6 am flight, what time do you recommend getting to Terminal 1? Is 90 minutes cutting it too close?
3) Anything resembling a lounge?
Thanks
Old May 11, 2019, 12:45 pm

1. Not that I know of, and last time I was there security was a zoo.
3. No. The space tends to be crowded and f&b offering is mediocre.

Shuly
Old May 11, 2019, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response. Not looking forward to this. Is 90 minutes for security cutting it too close?
Old May 14, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Depends on how pushy you are. I found it to be a total zoo and much worse than the main terminal but I was running late and managed to convince them to move me up.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:52 am

Does anyone have some recent experience with T1 for morning flights? Flying to BER tomorrow morning HBO and wondering how long it will take. I have found the security lines in the main terminal to be much shorter lately so wondering if T1 has improved as well.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:54 pm

Live update: arrived at 420am with HBO and a boarding pass for my 620 am flight from T1. By 430 I was drinking overpriced coffee after security. At this hour of the day it was faster than T3 which was the opposite of my experience for afternoon flights. In retrospect I probably could have slept another hour.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by NYTA
Live update: arrived at 420am with HBO and a boarding pass for my 620 am flight from T1. By 430 I was drinking overpriced coffee after security. At this hour of the day it was faster than T3 which was the opposite of my experience for afternoon flights. In retrospect I probably could have slept another hour.
I have yet to do HBO at T1 (though doing it soon). Where do you do the initial security interview? Down the stairs before passport control?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:50 am

Yes downstairs
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
We just flew from tlv to prg last week. 7am flight ..was pleasantly surprised by T1. Had a flex ticket and there was a separate desk, but even so the regular line moved quickly. Added bonus was that vat refund was really quick if you are eligible .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.