T3 lounges state

Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Is there anything that would help? If frequent flyers all complained to the airlines about the state of the lounges? Could we encourage that here?

I have stopped using them in TLV in general (I don't usually have access to LY). Recently flew with my grandson - he couldn't believe the difference between Dan lounge and LH Senator lounge in Munich.
Who would you complain to? The IAA and airport management has shown not to be open forums for complaints.

The only body that could actually effect change would be the Transportation Ministry. But public pressure has failed to keep SDV open, failed to improve the link between Eilat and ETM, and failed in other aspects (improving public transportation for example). I can't imagine they'll put the state of lounges too high on the list, especially as TLV continues growing every year, showing the lounges not to be an impediment to growth.
entropy and BATLV like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Who would you complain to? The IAA and airport management has shown not to be open forums for complaints.

The only body that could actually effect change would be the Transportation Ministry. But public pressure has failed to keep SDV open, failed to improve the link between Eilat and ETM, and failed in other aspects (improving public transportation for example). I can't imagine they'll put the state of lounges too high on the list, especially as TLV continues growing every year, showing the lounges not to be an impediment to growth.
I don't think they care (like , at all) . End Users won't matter, but its possible the airlines could make a stink and work something out, United is probably the most able to, being US-based and having the most long hauls. TK probably wouldn't politically, and LH won't even fly widebodies anymore.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by entropy
I don't think they care (like , at all) . End Users won't matter, but its possible the airlines could make a stink and work something out, United is probably the most able to, being US-based and having the most long hauls. TK probably wouldn't politically, and LH won't even fly widebodies anymore.
In the hypothetical situation that UA made a stink about it, then perhaps something would change. (Not sure whether UA would need to complain to Dan or IAA.)

But UA would need to really complain, not just send a letter. And for that to happen, there would need to be serious pressure placed on UA. Problem is, who would place that pressure? Shareholders won't - as long as UA is profitable, why rock the boat? UA isn't going to do it out of generosity of the heart - they keep flying full Polaris with the crappy lounges, and know that nicer lounges will end up costing them more money but won't likely lead to any increase in their loads (which can't get much bigger barring up-gauging and/or new cities, higher frequency). But that isn't happening just because of a better lounge.

TLV is the only (real) option if you want Israel, and there's a captive audience of Israel-based flyers and pax who specifically need to go to Israel. It's not like the competition offers something better to make it worth UA's while to try and change. (LY offers better lounges, but is so much worse in other ways that the lounge isn't what's making or breaking it.)
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Of course IAA don't care, they operate airports for the benefit of the employees, and not the passengers. However if business in the lounges was to drop off that might help - I don't see a way out. My small protest is not to enter -this way the airline doesn't pay, and Dan doesn't get paid....

Maybe if LY goes out of business someone can take over their lounge?

Does LY operate their own lounge, or is it a contractor?

What about asking airlines for a food / drink voucher as an option in TLV instead of a lounge pass?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
What about asking airlines for a food / drink voucher as an option in TLV instead of a lounge pass?
This is what British Airways do for their premium passengers.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
I was also offered one flying KL couple years back, I don't remember it being a very exciting option
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Originally Posted by joshwex90
In the hypothetical situation that UA made a stink about it, then perhaps something would change. (Not sure whether UA would need to complain to Dan or IAA.)

But UA would need to really complain, not just send a letter. And for that to happen, there would need to be serious pressure placed on UA. Problem is, who would place that pressure? Shareholders won't - as long as UA is profitable, why rock the boat? UA isn't going to do it out of generosity of the heart - they keep flying full Polaris with the crappy lounges, and know that nicer lounges will end up costing them more money but won't likely lead to any increase in their loads (which can't get much bigger barring up-gauging and/or new cities, higher frequency). But that isn't happening just because of a better lounge.

TLV is the only (real) option if you want Israel, and there's a captive audience of Israel-based flyers and pax who specifically need to go to Israel. It's not like the competition offers something better to make it worth UA's while to try and change. (LY offers better lounges, but is so much worse in other ways that the lounge isn't what's making or breaking it.)
They do have a whole operation in TLV though, (as in sales team, etc). I'm sure if people made a stink they could do something about it. UA for sure has an interest in protecting their contracts to/from TLV by having a better product (hard/lounge, etc). With Kirby who knows, but they are adding a few domestic lounges. Judging from the crowding at the DANs, it doesn't make sense that the IAA wouldn't just like to rent more space.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikebg
Would be nice if BA just made arrangements for at least their first class passengers to use the new Fattal Terminal for departures. I was tempted to book as the DAN lounges are so poor but I just cant stand to toss $400 away for the Fattal Terminal and not even have access to a shower. The pricing is so out of touch with the "VIP" services offered across airports in the region but I expect that - its not just an airport, its Israel

After my last very poor El Al flight to Europe in business class I am tempted to just check in for the return to use the King David lounge and then cancel that ticket (its flexible) and board my BA flight instead.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:17 am

I was told last week by the Dan lounge agent that the E lounge will be available to BA flyers soon (this week?), in addition to LATAM.

Shuly
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by shuly
I was told last week by the Dan lounge agent that the E lounge will be available to BA flyers soon (this week?), in addition to LATAM.

Shuly
Not sure that this is an upgrade. While I haven't visited the E lounge yet, my wife has and said it's worse than the other lounges.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by NYTA
Not sure that this is an upgrade. While I haven't visited the E lounge yet, my wife has and said it's worse than the other lounges.
When the E lounge opened (not that long ago) it was definitely better than the other two. Possibly something has changed but who knows.

Personally I much prefer the 240 shekels (myself plus guest) voucher BA were giving out for Schmoozy bar as an alternative to the C lounge.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by shuly

Shuly
This morning the BA signage was at the entrance to the lounge so apparently this is now official. That said, I could not enter the lounge as an IB J pax. The lounge receptionist was only willing to say that they serve "other" airlines.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:37 am

I had a chance to visit the E lounge earlier this week, before BA164. I can't say it's nicer than the old lounges, but it's different, which is refreshing. There's a bar at one end with some drinks, a nice change to the closet hiding the hard stuff in B and C. Having said that, the lounge was packed. I don't think there was a single available seat about 90 minutes before the flight. Appalling.

Shuly
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:29 am

so only latam and ba? and only c (not status)?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
so only latam and ba? and only c (not status)?
Definitely status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.