Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Double the price between Expedia and Elal?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles

I went to the Expedia site and looked at Elal TLV to AMS (May 22-23 LY339+LY336) which came to a total of $642 (class G and O).
I then went to the Elal site and tried booking the same exact flights (economy) and it came to $1276 (Flex).
How come? What do I lose in functionality if I book via Expedia? Will I be able to select my seats and even pay for premium seats?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Are you comparing Flex to the cheapest?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Exactly, You said it yourself. You're comparing lower base fares with fully flexible.

As far as choosing seats or other services, once booked you should be able to fully manage your booking on LY's website. But if you notice any restriction, you have 24 hours to cancel your booking on Expedia (easily done online) free of charge.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by Houminer
Are you comparing Flex to the cheapest?
Elal doesn't offer any fare base other than Flex via their site.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Exactly, You said it yourself. You're comparing lower base fares with fully flexible.

As far as choosing seats or other services, once booked you should be able to fully manage your booking on LY's website. But if you notice any restriction, you have 24 hours to cancel your booking on Expedia (easily done online) free of charge.
Problem is I want to know how much extra preferred/premium seats will cost me before booking so I can submit a budget.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hnussbacher
Problem is I want to know how much extra preferred/premium seats will cost me before booking so I can submit a budget.
I tried booking via Expedia and the system keeps getting stuck when trying to select seats. So I have no way to know how much extra to budget for economy plus or preferred seats.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: QF WP
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nancypants
Thanks. In Hebrew I found:
https://www.elal.com/he/PassengersIn...e-Seating.aspx
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Elal doesn't offer any fare base other than Flex via their site.
They do, but their website is really bad.
Maybe try another browser.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Houminer
They do, but their website is really bad.
Maybe try another browser.
Tried FF and Chrome and both only provide Flex fares and no Lite or Standard economy fares :-(
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Tried FF and Chrome and both only provide Flex fares and no Lite or Standard economy fares :-(
It's probably El Al's "shitat matzliach" for people who want to book a ticket with following day return the website only shows the high priced flex tickets even though lower priced tickets are really available if you look at other booking engines.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nombody
It's probably El Al's "shitat matzliach" for people who want to book a ticket with following day return the website only shows the high priced flex tickets even though lower priced tickets are really available if you look at other booking engines.
Very annoying! Used my travel agent to get the lower rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.