Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Trying to use LH booking reference to select seat on ElAl element

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3

This evening I made a booking on the LH website DUB-TLV return. The first return flight leg is early morning with ElAl to Zurich and so I want to select my seat.
When I input the LH reference it is not recognised. It is definitely correct. Do I need to wait a period of time for this to update?
Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Most likely El Al has their own booking reference for the flight. Call up LH and get it from them or call up El Al with the e-ticket number and get it from them.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

I had already looked at that option.
LH is a German number. They obviously don't want people to phone!
The same for ElAl. Every option goes round in circles. I tweeted them and got no response. That's helpful.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Are you booked with an LY flight number or as an LX codeshare?
If as an LX codeshare, then there are seats blocked especially for pax on the codeshare, which are only bookable via LX call center. LX codeshare pax can not book any seats other than those seats...
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stormbel
I had already looked at that option.
LH is a German number. They obviously don't want people to phone!
The same for ElAl. Every option goes round in circles. I tweeted them and got no response. That's helpful.
A quick Google search shows that of course Lufthansa has an Israel free phone number which is
1-809-371937 or call 03-905-8049
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gordo6
Are you booked with an LY flight number or as an LX codeshare?
If as an LX codeshare, then there are seats blocked especially for pax on the codeshare, which are only bookable via LX call center. LX codeshare pax can not book any seats other than those seats...
The flights are LX. In the Swiss Air website I can book the portion flown by them with the El Al ones greyed out.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nombody
A quick Google search shows that of course Lufthansa has an Israel free phone number which is
1-809-371937 or call 03-905-8049
Being in the UK unfortunately they're not local or free.
My tweet to El Al should have been at least acknowledged, I've now tweeted Swiss.
Thanks for your advice and suggestions.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Swiss Air have come back to me saying that the ElAl Reference can only be obtained between 48 and 24 hours before the flight! I find that hard to believe. Almost every flight I book, and there are many, has the option of paying for a seat at any time after the booking by accessing the Manage My Booking option.
I will now ask a different question.
For a regular booking direct with ElAl have you the option of choosing your seat, paid or otherwise and can you go into the booking afterwards to then choose a seat?
Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I will now ask a different question.
For a regular booking direct with ElAl have you the option of choosing your seat, paid or otherwise and can you go into the booking afterwards to then choose a seat?
Thanks
Yes, a direct booking with El Al of an El Al flight would let you select seats online via their site.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Being in the UK unfortunately they're not local or free.
LH definitely have a local UK number.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

It's all sorted. A bit of polite persistence with Swiss on Twitter (a different operative) and my seat has been selected.
Again thanks to all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.