Car rental return at TLV

Old Feb 13, 19, 7:41 pm
  #1  
J S
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 449
Car rental return at TLV

Which (if any) rental car companies allow returns right at Terminal 3? From the website, it looks like Hertz, but would love any current info.

Apologies that this is not specific to LY, but I figure this is where I will get the most knowledgeable people. Thanks in advance.
J S is offline  
Old Feb 13, 19, 11:30 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: TLV/LHR
Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 12,686
I believe only Hertz. Used to be Avis but they lost the contract.
clubman is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 12:05 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by J S View Post
Which (if any) rental car companies allow returns right at Terminal 3? From the website, it looks like Hertz, but would love any current info.

Apologies that this is not specific to LY, but I figure this is where I will get the most knowledgeable people. Thanks in advance.
No personal experience, but I can see the same information on the airport website and I assume it is correct.

The English signage on the road as you approach the terminal actually reads "Orchard", not "Pardes" (the word is translated, not just transliterated). It is the first parking lot out of the two on your right-hand side, right after the ticketing gate/barrier.

I don't think I would choose the rental company based on this, unless you are going to be too short on time to spend any on the shuttle.
FlyerTLV is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 1:32 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 3,511
Yes right now it's Hertz (at least as of September 2018), and previously it was Avis, I think once a year it can change based on a bid, so it's also possible that by the time you rent it won't longer be the case
Ditto is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 8:22 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: TLV/LHR
Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 12,686
Originally Posted by FlyerTLV View Post
I don't think I would choose the rental company based on this, unless you are going to be too short on time to spend any on the shuttle.
Unless a significant price difference, I would.

For the same reason I choose to rent from Avis/Budget or Sixt at LHR T5.
clubman is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 2:29 pm
  #6  
J S
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 449
Thank you! This is extremely helpful. I am there next week, so will come back and confirm for everyone.
J S is offline  
Old Feb 15, 19, 1:54 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 3,511
Originally Posted by clubman View Post
Unless a significant price difference, I would.

For the same reason I choose to rent from Avis/Budget or Sixt at LHR T5.
Indeed, I'll also do the same, I usually fly out of TLV in one of the early morning flights, being able to save 15 minutes in the middle of the night is a good incentive
Ditto is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread