Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LY announces TLV-LAS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by nombody
Anyone have the exact rest requirements between flights for El Al cabin crew and Pilots?
It's a little complicated and actually being discussed in court right now, but if going by the current rules, they won't have enough rest to operate the flight back, no.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I hate Matmid I really do. Most airline FF programs I know will price all destinations in the same zone similar. If I book a redemption on BA to LAX, LAS, or SFO they will be priced the same.
Not so on LY, as they seem to just put their finger in the air and price it according to the direction the wind happens to be blowing...

Why on earth is LAS more expensive to redeem than LAX? It simply makes no sense.

Last edited by clubman; Dec 13, 2018 at 3:55 am
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by clubman
Why on earth is LAS more expensive to redeem than LAX? It simply makes no sense.
Because...

It's not just an airline...
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Because...

It's not just an airline...
Apparently, it's just not an airline, but a mismanaged fleet. How on earth can this once weekly flight make money? They should rename LY Sun D'or and finish the agony.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by LY777
Is that a joke?
how will this be viable ?
From what I heard from the gambling arena is that the flights are all booked solid for the first month.

May not be such a bad idea for Elal.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
I hope they will do well
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can actually see these flight expanding.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by hnussbacher
From what I heard from the gambling arena is that the flights are all booked solid for the first month.May not be such a bad idea for Elal.
First flight on June 14th is wide open in all classes
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:38 pm

All the following is conjecture and my personal thoughts.

As the 747s are phased out, ElAl is short hundreds of seats each week. These need to be replaced They could have attempted to get more slots at JFK and EWR. But maybe they evaluated where the passengers flying out of JFK and EWR are actually coming from..

The LAS flight might end up with a respectable number of passengers who are connecting there, instead of in NY.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by awayIgo
The LAS flight might end up with a respectable number of passengers who are connecting there, instead of in NY.
Connecting to where?

There are much better connecting options at LAX and SFO.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
Connecting to where?

There are much better connecting options at LAX and SFO.
I understand that to mean they are currently connecting to get to LAS.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
I understand that to mean they are currently connecting to get to LAS.

no, I meant coming from all over the US to get to JFK and EWR and then TLV. A quick google search shows not an insignificant number of direct flights to LAS. Not everyone wants to deal with LAX. Not everyone wants to fly so far West to then go East. There is also,that gate availability question! Well, as I said- it’s conjecture and time will tell if the route is profitable.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
All the following is conjecture and my personal thoughts.

As the 747s are phased out, ElAl is short hundreds of seats each week. These need to be replaced They could have attempted to get more slots at JFK and EWR. But maybe they evaluated where the passengers flying out of JFK and EWR are actually coming from..

Yes, if they ordered 779X or B747-8i. They needed more passengers. I knows both JFK/EWR-TLV flight is always full for everyday. There's no seat available.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no, I meant coming from all over the US to get to JFK and EWR and then TLV. A quick google search shows not an insignificant number of direct flights to LAS. Not everyone wants to deal with LAX. Not everyone wants to fly so far West to then go East. There is also,that gate availability question! Well, as I said- it’s conjecture and time will tell if the route is profitable.
I can't imagine creating a new route, once a week, to LAS, just to justify connections to free up connections at JFK/EWR/LAX/BOS (SFO/MIA).
Old Jan 17, 2022, 1:45 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Elal is supposed to restart TLV-LAS as of April 1, flying LY21 on Fridays 8:15 arriving 12:30 and flying back from LAS Saturday nights at 22:15 via LY22 (landing Sunday at 22:00).
What are the chances of that happening?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.