Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stop over in tel aviv

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Stop over in tel aviv

guys - im hoping to use el al to fly JFK-TLV and then TLV-BOM but some of the prices I'm seeing in coach are ultra-expensive. Looks like the best prices their website is provding is for round-trip and not a 3-4 day stop over which I need to break my journey into mumbai and of course enjoy tel aviv in november. Is there some other website I should be using?

Thx
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Try pricing two return tickets. JFK-TLV-JFK & TLV-BOM-TLV but be sure to leave enough buffer for the return to avoid complications. Any reason you want to fly LY?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

they are the only non-stop airline between new york and tel aviv and tel aviv and Mumbai. Let me try what you suggest
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

too expensive; round trip around thanksgiving time JFK-TLV is $1000. basically was just looknig to break the journey some place in europe or africa for 2-3 days that's not warm but of course want non-stop to europe and then non-stop again from europe to mumbai
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:20 am

Would two separate itineraries work better? As per Yoshi's advice above, but on two different carriers: least expensive JFK/EWR-TLV return (assuming some of the American carriers will be cheaper than El Al), then least expensive TLV-India return (El Al or Air India).
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by sam007
too expensive; round trip around thanksgiving time JFK-TLV is $1000. basically was just looknig to break the journey some place in europe or africa for 2-3 days that's not warm but of course want non-stop to europe and then non-stop again from europe to mumbai
LY and TLV are not built for this. You will pay a lot more money and will be harassed by security. Make your connection in DXB.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
You can try EWR-TLV with UA and then TLV-BOM/DEL with AI (Air India).
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by BATLV
LY and TLV are not built for this. You will pay a lot more money and will be harassed by security. Make your connection in DXB.
OP wants to enjoy Tel Aviv for 3-4 days, so it's a destination.

On the other hand: OP, you are concerned about the price. What is more important for you? If budget is more important than enjoying Tel Aviv, you may want to look into WOW's new route:
tedcruz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.